What's new

Location services question

dragon499

Reaction score
I turned Airplane mode on because I didn't want some pictures geotagged, but when I look at the pictures in the camera roll, there is location information. The location isn't 100% accurate, but very close, as if I had cellular data on, but no WIFI connection.

If airplane mode was one, how does the iPhone know where the pictures were taken?

It doesn't know where the images were taken. As long as you keep Airplane Mode enabled, you won't find location data for the image. As soon as you disable Airplane Mode, the iPhone will show location information, supposedly from the point where you enabled the feature again.

If you don't want location noted on photo you go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Camera and click on that, then click never under allow location access.

It doesn't know where the images were taken. As long as you keep Airplane Mode enabled, you won't find location data for the image. As soon as you disable Airplane Mode, the iPhone will show location information, supposedly from the point where you enabled the feature again.

That makes sense, because I turned airplane mode on, right after I took the pictures.