What's new

Known issues??

Sir2545

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm looking at purchasing the Verizon iPhone at launch but I wanted to ask you seasoned users about any issues or complaints you have about the phone. I've been reading about issues with the proximity sensor, yellow spots on the screen, rear camera shutter locking up and becoming permanently inoperable and white balance when used indoors. We all heard about the antenna issue but Verizon and Apple have relocated them so hopefull no issues there.

Thanks in advance for the info

the only issue i have is the ability to get a wifi signal thru a "wifi repeater". for whatever reason i can connect with no problem to his regular router but the "repeater" is not working properly with the iphone.

I notice sometimes that when apps are updated, it isn't working correctly. Almost like there is a bug or something preventing it from working right. But every time, so far, I delete the app and reinstall it on the phone and it works after that.

As far as the proximity issues, my wife had that issue when it was up against her cheek when talking on the phone. But that issue was corrected for her, I think 2 updates ago. Well, she doesn't complain about it anymore that's for sure ;).

Hope that helps you decide.

Hi guys,

So I'm looking at purchasing the Verizon iPhone at launch but I wanted to ask you seasoned users about any issues or complaints you have about the phone. I've been reading about issues with the proximity sensor, yellow spots on the screen, rear camera shutter locking up and becoming permanently inoperable and white balance when used indoors. We all heard about the antenna issue but Verizon and Apple have relocated them so hopefull no issues there.

Thanks in advance for the info

I've never had the first problem with yellow spots, the camera shutter, white balance or anything other than the proximity sensor and the black band on the antenna.

You can get used to holding the phone in a way that eliminates the black band issue, and the bumper totally solves the problem anyway.

The proximity sensor is a little problem if you have to take a lot of voice calls. In normal times, you'll be fine. But at some point you're going to have to take or make a call in an adrenaline situation, and you'll forget to hold the device far enough from your cheek and you'll do something strange. :)

Thanks for the input guys. I think the antenna problem isnt going to be an issue for the CDMA version because they were relocated. Hopefully the proximity sensor wont be too much of an issue, because that could get annoying very quickly.

dont forget the verizon iphone is unable to use data and voice at the same time if that really matters to you.

dont forget the verizon iphone is unable to use data and voice at the same time if that really matters to you.

Is this really a deal breaker for people? I know more people that don't even have voice plans with their phones. Why? Because they say with facebook, twitter, and texting voice plans are a waste of money. To each his own I guess.

It isn't an issue for me, but I guess if I had it, I would use it.