What's new

Just wanted to make sure my hands are infact tied

navydaspud

Reaction score
I've been following the jb/unlock community for a while, just not on this site.

I'm on t-mobile with an iphone 3g currently and I just got an iPhone 4 as a gift last week and of course it is on 4.1 and 02.10.04.

I know the only way I can unlock is on 01.59.00 at the moment and I can only downgrade with saved SHSH blobs. The problem is is that my phone is brand new and probably has never had any older software on it so I have never even had the chance to backup the blobs (I got tinyumbrella and checked for old SHSH blobs anyhow...no dice).

My biggest worry is that it seems like unlocks seem to only come out for major firmware upgrades (iOS 2, iOS 3, iOS 4) and that we won't see an unlock for quite some time.

Does anyone with more community experience than me have any guess at whether or not they are going to even start working on an unlock, or am I just up the creek here?

From what I understand, I can't unlock and I can't downgrade to unlock and both of these problems have nothing to do with my actions and everything to do with when the phone was purchased. I've tried to read up as much as I can, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Thanks.

i dont think so, ultrasn0w recently updated us saying a new version of unlocking your cellphone with 02.10.04 is coming out soon

According to the dev team that's what they are workin on is an unlock... Question is how long?

from what I understand you can unlock 4.0.2 but not 4.1 :)

4.0.2 is the firmware that can't even be jailbroken. You must be referring to 4.0.1

no, Danny they new jailbreak is available for 4.1 but no unlock, now if you have 4.0.2 you can use tiny unmbrella to upgrade to 4.1 and what tiny will do it will update to 4.1 yet it will keep the 4.0.2 baseband which can be unlocked (strange I know, but it is confirmed it works) then you can do the jailbreak and unlock with ultrasnow.

4.0.2 is the firmware that can't even be jailbroken. You must be referring to 4.0.1

no, Danny they new jailbreak is available for 4.1 but no unlock, now if you have 4.0.2 you can use tiny unmbrella to upgrade to 4.1 and what tiny will do it will update to 4.1 yet it will keep the 4.0.2 baseband which can be unlocked (strange I know, but it is confirmed it works) then you can do the jailbreak and unlock with ultrasnow.

Cool so even tho its not jailbroken it just saves your old baseband from 4.0.2

apparently so. But it has to be done with tiny.

apparently so. But it has to be done with tiny.

last time i used tiny, it messed up my port for itunes, i had to go and edit it myself -_-