What's new

Just Jailbroke (Successfully)

Scher215

Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 and just wanted to know people's thoughts on what I must do now!

I.E. which Apps are recomended and what other tips or tricks are there with a jailbroken iPhone?

(And I did this successfully on the first try ... it was very easy for those who haven't decided if they should do it or not!"

Another question, however.

Right after jailbreak (and a few times since) my phone and iTunes have said that their are updates available and if I would like to update.

I have been just hitting cancel, is this what I need to do or can I update and still be jailbroken (and update to what? did a new iOS really just come out the day I jailbroke? I was using 4.2.8)? Should I just keep hitting cancel if it asks me, or is there something else?

I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 and just wanted to know people's thoughts on what I must do now!

I.E. which Apps are recomended and what other tips or tricks are there with a jailbroken iPhone?

(And I did this successfully on the first try ... it was very easy for those who haven't decided if they should do it or not!"

Congratulations. For the cydia apps/tweaks, there are some threads on the forum already discussing about cydia best apps. A simple search on the forum will display those threads for you.

Right after jailbreak (and a few times since) my phone and iTunes have said that their are updates available and if I would like to update.

I have been just hitting cancel, is this what I need to do or can I update and still be jailbroken (and update to what? did a new iOS really just come out the day I jailbroke? I was using 4.2.8)? Should I just keep hitting cancel if it asks me, or is there something else?

From what I've been reading about 4.2.8 it's not stable for some user and also kill battery life for some users. You can decide to stay on your present version of the iOS or you can chose to have a try of the 4.2.8 by making sure that you save your present iOS version shsh.

From what I've been reading about 4.2.8 it's not stable for some user and also kill battery life for some users. You can decide to stay on your present version of the iOS or you can chose to have a try of the 4.2.8 by making sure that you save your present iOS version shsh.

I had already had 4.2.8 on my phone and that is what I jailbroke using, iOS 4.2.8. I jailbroke, and then iTunes and my phone asked me if I would like to upgrade.

Does it just do this because the jailbroken iOS is not "official" and they want to upate the phone back to the official?

Is there a newer iOS than 4.2.8 it wants to update to? (5 isn't out yet, correct?)

I am just confused what this update is and if I am able to do it and stay jailbreaked or if updating will remove the jailbreak and force me to re-do it.

You should be able to see the information of the new version iTunes wants you to upgrade when you connect your phone to your computer under summary tab in iTunes. What version is listed to be available to download and to upgrade your phone according to iTunes?

You should be able to see the information of the new version iTunes wants you to upgrade when you connect your phone to your computer under summary tab in iTunes. What version is listed to be available to download and to upgrade your phone according to iTunes?

iTunes says that it is an update to the carrier settings for my iPhone (About carrier settings updates in iTunes)

Is this something that I can update and not have to re-jailbreak? Or am I better off just hitting cancel?