What's new

JB for 4.2.8

I had error 1300 and error 21 couple other ones. My phone actually froze up and the. I had to restore. Never got it to work. But I'm tether jailbreak right now. And I was defiantly in dfu mode.

Hmmmmm I keep getting error 1013 and 21 while trying 2 jb after using snowbreeze! I already created a custom ipsw. Wonder whats wrong...

I was able to jailbreak successfully after several failed attempts. I kept on receiving error codes 3194 and 1013.

1) Get the latest version of snowbreeze, 2.7.1.
2) Download the 2.3.8 update file within iTunes and use this for your file in snowbreeze. The file will be saved in "C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates". XXXX is your profile on the computer.
3) I used tinyumbrella to save my SSHs and there is a reported issues involving tinyumbrella and jailbreaking 4.2.7 and 4.2.8. I had to go into advanced tab and unselect the box which says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit". Restart pc afterwards.

Step 3 may have been the reason why I couldn't jailbreak. After doing steps 1 -3, was able to jailbreak with no error messages.

im giving it a shot as we speak.. hope youre right,,

I just successfully jailbroke this version using redsn0w rc15 and the 4.2.6 ipsw file just like my 4.2.7 jailbreak. Follow the instructions from the other post as you may have to "boot tether" after the initial install...

Hooray!

That's the tethered jb only! Looking for a easier way to jb untethered.

Cain01 said:
I'm looking for easier jb untetherd method too.

I had all the same errors trie it one last time yesterday, I used the updated 2.7.2 sn0breeze (google it), downloaded 4.2.8 again, for some reason the second was a mb larger 653mb the first was 652mb, no Idea why. Made a custom ipsw (ran snowbrreze as the administrator too) I put the phone n pwned Dfu mode via redsnow (sn0wbreeze would never recognise mine 4 some reason) opene iTunes as administrator it, then shift recovery choose the custom ipsw n ran it w/no errors untethered jailbroken on 4.2.8.
My only complaint is there is no iacess cracked yet for this only up to the 4.2.7.... Sucks

so which is it that you can shut your phone off and on without any problems is it unthethered or thethered?? and is greenpoison going to make one