What's new

jailbroken restore to factory ?

davievtec

Reaction score
allright people i have a white iphone 16gb

ive had it for some while now and had it jailbroken for several months and now that im on software 5.1 its coming up with error 3194 and 21
ive tried all the solutions new itunes updated it lower ipsw and full factory reset and put it on dfu and recovery mode and both wont let me de-jailbreak the phone all i want is a standard working iphone!!

anyone know how i can sort this problem cheers for any help :)

allright people i have a white iphone 16gb

ive had it for some while now and had it jailbroken for several months and now that im on software 5.1 its coming up with error 3194 and 21
ive tried all the solutions new itunes updated it lower ipsw and full factory reset and put it on dfu and recovery mode and both wont let me de-jailbreak the phone all i want is a standard working iphone!!

anyone know how i can sort this problem cheers for any help :)

one question, when you say "you had it Jailbroken and now you are on software 5.1?" what software was it on before? because once you upgrade to ios 5.1 from what ever you where on the jailbreak automatically is removed just by upgrading or restoring.

1. Manual Method:
  • Open your hosts file. On Windows, this would be C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and on Mac, you can reach there through Go->Go To Folder->and type /etc.
  • Once you have the hosts file open, at the end of the file, add this line:
  • #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
  • Once you have appended the file with this line and saved it, restart your device and fire up iTunes for the restore. Hopefully, it would do the job!
===================================================================

2. Software – TinyUmbrella
  • If you think you are not good at tinkering with the hosts file, there is an alternative. But comparatively, both are same. For this method, you will have to download TinyUmbrella – works for both Windows and Mac. Once you have the software, connect your iPhone through USB. Fire up the software. Make sure iTunes is not open at this point of time.
  • There should be a Save SHSH button. TinyUmbrella will download SHSH Blobs from Cydia resources.
  • Now click on Start TSS Server button.
  • Check the Log tab. If you see ‘TSS Server Started!’ and ‘TSS Accepting Connections’ at the end of the Log, it means the work is done.
  • Try to open gs.apple.com. If it redirects you to Cydia, it means you are now set to do the custom firmware downgrade or restoration. Launch iTunes and restore to the stock or custom IPSW.
Let me know how it goes