What's new

Jailbroken iPhone 4s on Evasion iOS 6.1.2 stuck on boot logo. HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

xxjostaxx

Reaction score
So, my iPhone 4s has been jailbroken for a few months now. I have had zero issues with it. Last night, out of nowhere, I installed a tweak from Cydia. I don't recall what, I think it was something stupid like 4G LTE icons for the status bar. Regardless, my phone shut off, which I figured would be okay, as my Springboard crashed somewhat regularly and entered safe mode, then I'd just restart. But not this time. Now it's stuck at the apple boot logo. It will even play my boot logo I installed via Cydia. Then sometimes it will shut off completely, then vibrate like it turned on again. I've tried every button combination imaginable, and nothing. Now it's telling me to connect to iTunes, and to restore. I tried to restore it from a backup, but it said I can't because there's a password on my phone. So the only option it's leaving me is to Update (to un-jailbreakable 6.1.3), and restore. If I did that, would I be able to restore it to a backup of 6.1.2 when it was jailbroken? Is there a way to get it to restore from a backup, and bypass the password crap it's telling me? Please help!!! It's been about 16 hours now and I'm losing my mind!! Please help!

This is what worked for me to get phone back: hard reset.

Press and hold both sleep and home until apple logo shows up, then let those two buttons go and immediately hold volume up till slide to unlock shows up.

Then remove the faulty cydia addon and soft reset.

Assuming you have Safe Mode Substrate installed, you can use the volume up+power technique to remove the package from Cydia. Or, you can try using iFunBox or iExplorer to remove the tweak manually since your device is recognized (from the vibrate as if the device was on and connected to your PC) but just stuck on the logo.

If both methods fail, then your only option would be to restore to iOS 6.1.3.