What's new

Panic: Stuck on Apple Logo

osso12

Reaction score
Well, this is only about the second time I have had to tether boot with 4.2.1 jail break. Long of the short, my drunk buddy kept calling me late last night so instead of sending him to my voice mail I promptly turned the phone off. No biggie right? Well I turned it on this morning not thinking about the tether and noticed it would not boot normal of course. No biggie. Heres the problem.
When I hold the power button down to turn the phone off, cant get the phone off. My phone has been stuck on the apple logo now for about 30 minutes. Plugged the usb cable in, same thing it wont shut down. I do not want to restore at this point and fight that nightmare. Im not sure what options I have at this point. Maybe start itunes?
Its not hung on the apple logo like this before with no options to shut down.

-starting to panic

... I finally got it to boot by holding down the home button repeatedly...
Its working but not exactly as supposed to. I finally am getting it to boot to the pineapple.. I will be glad with that untethered version is out...whew...
what a sigh of relief.

You have to plug it back in and check the box " boot in Thether mode "

Yes, thanks i already knew that I had to do that but that really was not what the issue was. I could not get it off the apple screen period or even turn the phone off. I had no option of turning the phone off at all once you try to turn it on untethered. IE, if you are going down the road in your car someday and for whatever reason go into a building to turn the phone off, if you do not have access to your pc you are screwed royally until you can get back home to hook it up to the pc or mac as you wont be able to turn your phone back on and use it at all even in a emergency. Make sense? I am fairly sure that every one that is using 4.2.1 tethered jail break is experiencing the same thing as me.
Thats why we need a untethered jailbreak quickly as in yesterday.

Instead of turning the phone off you could have put it in airplane mode.

I am experiencing this same problem when attempting to unlock my iphone 4. I am working off from iOS4.2.1 and have found two very useful site and follow the directs exactly the way they tell me to. However once i get to the end I have read two different ways to restart/reboot the phone to get it to work and both have failed on me. First way was to simply click where it says reboot device after cydia goes through everything it needs to and is completed, second way told me to turn the phone off by holding the power button and home button till the slide bar appears at the top. Upon going about it both ways my phone just pops up with the apple logo on the screen and just stays this way till i completely reboot and restore the phone.

If I am reading this correctly if I was to turn my phone off once Cydia is completed and then hook my phone back up to my computer to do a teether reboot that should work, correct?
Also two more things, I am living in Rome, Italy so my at&t doesnt work so I am just using a wifi connection to do the cydia part, which i dont think should make a difference how i connect to it. But do I leave the at&t sim card in the phone or do I put the one in that I am trying to use which does have a PIN lock on it. Or do I just not put a sim in till everything is hopefully completed and unlocked?

any and all advice will be much appreciated as im trying to get my phone unlocked asap so i can take advantage of the whatsapp and viber apps to allow for free txting so that i can keep my phone bill cost down

Last edited:
With the 4.2.1 jailbreak everytime you have to reboot or turn off your phone you will get stuck at the apple logo. You had to plug it into your computer, run redsnow and choose the boot tethered option.

There's no unlock for the 4.2.1 baseband right now. There probably won't be one for some time...

I have no problems jailbreaking the phone, its just when it comes to unlocking it. However if you are saying that there is no unlock for the 4.2.1 that is opposite of what I have read on other sites. I was trying to include the link to a few of the sites but it will not allow me to. But I found a couple articels dated January 18 saying that unlocking 4.2.1 for the iphone 4 is now available.

Unless I am overlooking something it seems that there is a way to unlock the iphone 4 4.2.1 I could be missing something as this all new to me, but it seems like this should work?

I've not seen or heard about any updates to ultrasnow for the iPhone 4.

If the sites your talking about ask you to pay for the unlock or fill in some sort of survey to be able to download it then they are fake. Jailbreaking and unlocking is always free and no strings...