What's new

Jailbroken Icons are white?

The problem still persists, even after the BigBoss respiring. It worked perfectly a few times, but it now has no measurable effect.

The problem still persists, even after the BigBoss respiring. It worked perfectly a few times, but it now has no measurable effect.

I found a fix that has worked after the first respring every time and has not failed me yet. First install "SpringBuild" from a certain repo. Then install the "Respring" app from Cydia. Now luanch the SpringBuild app like 5 times. Then use the Respring app. It mite not work the first couple of times, but once it starts working, it keeps working after the frist respring, (for me so far). So launch SpringBuild, Then launch Respring app. Works every time for me. Post back. let me know how it goes.

First install "SpringBuild" from a certain repo.

..what is that certain repo? I can't find the tweak in Cydia from the default sources or from any I have installed. Google didn't help me find it either... Please DM me if you dont want to post it publicly.

..what is that certain repo? I can't find the tweak in Cydia from the default sources or from any I have installed. Google didn't help me find it either... Please DM me if you dont want to post it publicly.

Yea I also went to go look for it, but it now seems that I don't need it. I no longer have white icons! Oh but I also havn't tether-booted my phone since the day I jail-broke it too XD.

Talk about self fixing issues.... haha

I too am having the white icon problem with Cydia apps. Respring fixes it temporarily and only after several attempts. Reboots are no more effective.

I too am having the white icon problem with Cydia apps. Respring fixes it temporarily and only after several attempts. Reboots are no more effective.
U have install some moderated repo. Ya know? One that's like...........moderated........with lot of stuff.

Moderation Notice: discussion of any repo that contain illegal/cracked apps is not permitted by our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are white even after the 'respring' from BigBoss....honestly it is annoying, but it doesn't bother me that much. If there is a fix, I will try, otherwise no worries.

zig9449 said:
U have install some moderated repo. Ya know? One that's like...........moderated........with lot of stuff.

I have not added any repos to my cydia account.

Yep. Doesn't work anymore. I'll chalk it up originally to coincidence. But I've found that no matter how many different ways I respring, white cydia icons appear at random. And when you have 17 of them... It takes a lot of resprings to get them all normal. I've been just getting used to white icons :p

For me it seems to be more of a problem whenever i start messing around with Winterboard. Maybe thats why it's called WINTERboard. Everything turns white in winter.

For me it seems to be more of a problem whenever i start messing around with Winterboard. Maybe thats why it's called WINTERboard. Everything turns white in winter.

Have you installed the specific package from Cydia called "Respring"? This has code included which rebuilds the entire icon cache in one operation. You should not have to respring multiple times...

Have you installed the specific package from Cydia called "Respring"? This has code included which rebuilds the entire icon cache in one operation. You should not have to respring multiple times...

Yes, most definitely using the Respring package from Big Boss repo. I'd tell you what the icon looks like, but well, it's white! Haha, haven't seen it in over a week.

For me, I seem to get more white icons and they're more persistent for a while any time after I install an app, both from cydia and the app store. But other than that it seems totally random, I don't even have or use winterboard.