What's new

Jailbroken Icons are white?

Darkenvy6

Reaction score
iOS5 on the iPhone4 semi-tethered. When I boot into tethered or semitethered (emergency mode) my cydia apps are white icon'ed. Why is this? Oh the first run of cydia and the semitether app HAD icons but no longer. Visually this is upsetting.

Guys, I believe I stated that I AM booting tethered. I am booted tethered and all the apps with the blank icons are open-able. I can use the apps, they just have white icons. After respringing several times I DID get the icons to come back only to go away next respring. I respring a lot :p

I have the same happen to me sometimes after I install a cydia app or a tweak but after a respring is all good. Adsheet is one that I remember but I just respring and move on.

@BigBossBigBoss

White icons not caused by semitether. Install my "respring" from cydia and run that. It rebuilds your app cache before respringing.

Had the same thing. iPhone 4 iOS5 tethered with sn0wbreeze. Everything works perfect icons just insist on being white more often than not.

Proposed fix above seems to be working so far, but I think respring takes a bit longer.

@BigBossBigBoss

White icons not caused by semitether. Install my "respring" from cydia and run that. It rebuilds your app cache before respringing.

Thanks so much for this tweak and :iphone4half: tip!!

This may sound like another dumb question, but what does checking the mulit task gesturs box thing do?

@BigBossBigBoss

Man I wish I would have read this thread before restoring my phone. On iOS 5.0.1 with Sn0wbreeze. Blank icons driving me crazy!lol. One is blank then the other 4 are good then to are blank. respring then they are all blank. Proly wouldnt bother me so much if I could keep mobile terminal from going blank since its on my first page homescreen.