What's new

Jailbreaking Newbie: Iphone 4 with iOS 4.1 (Baseband 02.10.04)

donduck

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 installed (baseband: 02.10.04) and I am planning to Jailbreak my phone soon. Which software should I use? (limera1n or ultrasn0w or sn0wbreeze... i'm confused between the difference)

Also, will the newest jailbreak software for iOS 4.3.1/4.3.2 work on iOS 4.1?

My goal is to get the newest iOS with JailBreak and unlock, so should I update iOS first before JB, or the other way around?

Also, when and how should I save the SHSH blob?

The easier method the better it is.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Don

You are on 4.1 now, if you are planing to use that version of iOS in the future the you can save that iOS shsh using tinyUmbrella. Donwload it and run it, it's easy to use and most of the time there is a readme in the zip doc of tinyUmbrella, read the documentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for jailbreaking i'm not sure but i think that your baseband has no unlock at the moment, you can perform the jailbreak but if there is no unlock for your baseband you will have to use it like an iPod and that's why you should save your shsh to be able to downgrade to 4.1 incase you can not unlock and do not want to use your phone as an iPod.
For more information about it, u can look up for the jailbreaking section on the forum. You will find in there all info you might need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So which JB software would you recommend?

- Greenpoison?
- Limera1n?
- sn0wbreeze?
- redsn0w?

Every time I read bab I get confused. It's like I'm reading an I-don't-have-no-clue newb or a Chinese dude or both.

You can't unlock your baseband. You'll have to wait.

You can't back up SHSH for iOS 4.1.

You can jb using sn0wbreeze 2.6.

From here on you must take care and never upgrade firmware from apple, because it will also upgrade your baseband, and that means bricked device. Only upgrade using sn0wbreeze and it's baseband preservation mode.

Sn0wbreeze is wizard based, just run it and you'll figure it out as you go.