What's new

Jailbreaking and restoring problem - please help!

Orsm21

Reaction score
Okay so I jailbroke my 32GB 4G iPod Touch running iOS 5.0.1.
I was stoked.
But about a week ago I was doing somethings to get more RAM (deleting launchdaemons, langpacks, etc).
And now, when I download a game (specify, thats Game, not App - normal apps work fine) it opens, then closes not long after.
Stupidly I didn't make a backup of the launch daemons *facepalm* so I think I'm gonna have to restore, and here's where the problems are:
The plan is to backup my iPod. Erase All Contents And Settings. Restore the backup with iTunes. Rejailbreak. Reinstall Cydia tweaks with Aptbackup. - So first question, will that work?
Problem: There's a restrictions password that I forgot the password to, and it asks for the password when I try to reset.
*Theorized solution: Do it via iTunes.
So i backup, hit the Restore button, but its forcing me to Update To iOS 5.1.1 then Restore.
If I do this will Restoring The Backup downgrade me to 5.0.1 like i want? I don't want to have to deal with jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Restoring to backup doesn't downgrade.
And why wouldn't you want to deal with jail breaking 5.1.1?
It's just as easy to jailbreak..

Restoring to backup doesn't downgrade.
And why wouldn't you want to deal with jail breaking 5.1.1?
It's just as easy to jailbreak..

But will going up to 5.1.1 reset all my other data some of which i think is corrupted (eg. Launch daemons)?
If it resets then i'll be stoked. If not then yhis is just pointless.