What's new

iBooks problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I tried all of them and only that one worked.
that was the fix i found that worked when all else failed.

I'll say this one last time!
the ibooksfix 2 on the default repo's doesn't work for everybody!
if you don't believe me, go read on other forums, multiple people reported that the ibooksfix2 didn't work for them!
so if that what it takes for me to get ibooks working again, so be it.

It works for everybody. If it wasn't working for them then they didn't reboot after they installed it. I have done it on 8 iPhones and an original iPad. It works for all devices running 5.0.1.

Jmills87 said:
It works for everybody. If it wasn't working for them then they didn't reboot after they installed it. I have done it on 8 iPhones and an original iPad. It works for all devices running 5.0.1.

agreed

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It does not work for everyone, as many times as you repeat it doesn't change that fact.

We have seen maybe a 20% failure rate. iBooks failures are the most common support request we get from our users - with about 20,000 devices in our support network today, though only about 3% are jail broken.

My staff are very well versed on how to apply the fix, and it does not always work.

Sorry.

It does not work for everyone, as many times as you repeat it doesn't change that fact.

We have seen maybe a 20% failure rate. iBooks failures are the most common support request we get from our users - with about 20,000 devices in our support network today, though only about 3% are jail broken.

My staff are very well versed on how to apply the fix, and it does not always work.

Sorry.

I'd seriously like to know who "we" exactly is.
Also I agree full-heartedly with Jmills87. I've tested this myself.
To quote something you love to say, "It does work, as many times as you repeat it doesn't change that fact."

We are a global company who develop and support enterprise apps. I'm sorry but I am not permitted to name the company in discussion forums.

Since when someone posts this iBooks fix doesn't work for them, you guys either call them stupid or a liar. It's no surprise more people don't report their failures.

I'm glad your success rate is high. I can probably get our actual failure rate from our support ticket system, but off the top of my head it's right around 20%. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not, but it is what it is.

The 575 jail broken devices currently logged in our user base account for more than 15% of all our support tickets. That's 3% of the devices we support generating a very disproportionate number of support requests. Our support is provided under paid contracts, and this billing cycle is the first time we will be breaking down tickets for our clients by Jailbroken and stock devices. I suspect some of our customers will be changing their company policies and disallowing jailbreaks when they see this breakdown.

I personally don't have anything against jail breaking, and have been a "hacker" in the classic definition since the 1970s.... but as I tell any customer who asks, you open yourself up for higher maintenance costs and problems that the individual user will need to solve or work around if you do. In addition, many of our own apps will not run on jail broken devices to comply with syndicated content distribution requirements, or HIPAA regulations.

I have a jail broken iPad and iPhone I use for testing, however my personal devices are stock. There is nothing in the jail break world that I need enough to jail break my own devices.

We are a global company who develop and support enterprise apps. I'm sorry but I am not permitted to name the company in discussion forums.

Since when someone posts this iBooks fix doesn't work for them, you guys either call them stupid or a liar. It's no surprise more people don't report their failures.

I'm glad your success rate is high. I can probably get our actual failure rate from our support ticket system, but off the top of my head it's right around 20%. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not, but it is what it is.

The 575 jail broken devices currently logged in our user base account for more than 15% of all our support tickets. That's 3% of the devices we support generating a very disproportionate number of support requests. Our support is provided under paid contracts, and this billing cycle is the first time we will be breaking down tickets for our clients by Jailbroken and stock devices. I suspect some of our customers will be changing their company policies and disallowing jailbreaks when they see this breakdown.

I personally don't have anything against jail breaking, and have been a "hacker" in the classic definition since the 1970s.... but as I tell any customer who asks, you open yourself up for higher maintenance costs and problems that the individual user will need to solve or work around if you do. In addition, many of our own apps will not run on jail broken devices to comply with syndicated content distribution requirements, or HIPAA regulations.

I have a jail broken iPad and iPhone I use for testing, however my personal devices are stock. There is nothing in the jail break world that I need enough to jail break my own devices.

We've never mentioned the words "stupid" or "liar". That's your own words.
We've basically stated the user may not be doing something right. Which is in no form or fashion calling anybody "stupid" or a "liar".

Sounds to me this guy needs a raise, or a holiday. I think the anger is directed at who he works for and not about whether the app works or not.

iHolophyte

Status
Not open for further replies.