What's new

iPhone 4s 5.1.1 build 9B206 will not jailbreak..help

Springman1292

Reaction score
Decided to finally jailbreak my phoneso i had 5.1.1, I was also previously jailbroken on 5.0.1. I did i clean restore to build 5.1.1 using one of the links to apples firmwares somewhere else in this forum. So here I am sitting on a clean restore of 5.1.1 9B206, restored my backup and on absiinthe I'm getting the "This device is not supported". I'm out of ideas as I've been googling for hours, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just update to the newest 5.1.1 through itunes and try that or over the air. 9B208 is supported now.

Thats the thing its convinced my device is all up to date on 9B206...there is no OTA on my phone for 9B208, and iTunes is also convinced I'm up to date. Plus i thought 9B208 was only for the iPhone 4, not 4s. I have a 4s.

Yup, i tried 2.0.1 this morning then noticed that 2.0.2 came out tried that and I still have the same outcome, saying the device isn't supported. I just did another clean Restore adn set it up as a new phone and didnt import my backup, still the same result. Again im using the stock 5.1.1 download link provided somewhere on this forum, I didn't do the OTA or Update through itunes, i did the ****+Left-Click Restore method.

Hmmmm The only other thing I can think of is redownload the link and try that. I'm sure you'll get it figured out.