What's new

Jailbreaking 3Gs

mike1

Reaction score
OK I saved my blobs for the first time with TU. Upon finishing, it shows the current version 4.3.5, but also what seems like an older version 4.1 (8B117). Is this 4.1 able to be jailbroken(untethered)? It also shows 5.0b1. Thanks.

OK thanks guys. Before I dive in, let me see if I've got the handle on the process. My 3Gs is currently at 4.3.5 but I have a blob saved in TU of 4.1. Now once I'm in TU, do I select the saved 4.1 to downgrade so that I can apply the Limera1n JB? If so, exactly what buttons do I press? Sorry guys, in my younger days I could grasp these things quicker. :)

OK I've downloaded the 3Gs 4.1 firmware from the link given. I've seen videos on how to downgrade and some say I need to change the host file info, yet another video says its not necessary. Not sure what to do. Just needing a little help from anyone on how to progress from this point on in this downgrade.

DONT change your hosts file, it will screw things up in the future. Apple is signing 4.1 so all you need to do is shift+restore a factory 4.1 firmware file. No need for SHSH or blocking Apple's verification servers or anything like that.

OK thanks Jmills. Appreciate the response. Can I pm you about something?