What's new

Jailbreak Iphone 4 ios 6.0.1

Thanks for the reply. I did try that also. Here's a screenshot of the error message I get now if that helps.

$Error Msg.jpg

You're using 0.9.10. Always use the latest, which is 0.9.15 beta 3

Thank you, I realized that after I posted the screenshot that I downloaded the wrong version. I haven't had a chance to jailbreak yet, but I did check to see if redsnow would recognize the restore & it does. Wish me luck on jailbreaking :)

Finally did the jailbreak with no issues, went into cydia and installed winterboard and it said I had to reboot, which I did with my phone still plugged into my computer. Now when I go to try and open cydia or winterboard, they act like they're going to open and then flash back off. What's causing this??

Possible incompatibility issue. Boot your iPhone in safe mode and remove Winterboard. Don't think Winterboard is compatible with iOS 6 or it's really buggy.

Finally did the jailbreak with no issues. went into cydia and installed winterboard and it said I had to reboot, which I did with my phone still plugged into my computer. Now when I go to try and open cydia or winterboard, they act like they're going to open and then flash back off. What's causing this??

It's a tethered jailbreak. You need to use redsnow again and choose the option to boot tethered for cydia to work again.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a tethered jailbreak. You need to use redsnow again and choose the option to boot tethered for cydia to work again.

There's no semi-tethered add-on for the iPhone 4, so she's definitely tether booted already.

Last edited:
There's no semi-tethered add-on for the iPhone 4, so she's definitely tether booted already.

It's actually a semi-tethered jailbreak by nature. A tethered jailbreak is quite capable of powering back up in a non-jailbroken state (even without bigboss's semi-tether tweak), unless some serious mobile substrate using tweaks are installed, or the phone is hactivated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was able to open Cydia just fine with my phone plugged in in order to download winterboard. So does my phone always have to be plugged in to open Cydia or winterboard? The only reason why I downloaded winterboard was because I was told I needed this in order to download different themes.

It doesn't have to be plugged in to open cydia, but you will need to plug it in and use redsnow to boot tethered every time you turn it off and on. Otherwise cydia and anything else jailbreak related will not work until you do.

Oh ok, is there a link to show me how to do that redn0w? I did delete winterboard. Like I said, everything worked fine after the jailbreak. Cydia opened & I installed winterboard and rebooted, but I didn't use redsn0w to reboot. Could that be why Cydia won't open now?

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes after I find out how to reboot with redsn0w

In redsnow it's under extras. You should see a button that says "boot tethered". Use that one and follow the instructions redsnow gives you.