What's new

Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4 Walkthrough With Limera1n

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xyL6jkeRg[/ame]​

Here I show you my iPhone 4 being Jailbroken with the newly released Limera1n. This video was made so that people could see what it is like to Jailbreak a different device other than the iPod Touch 4G I showed in the Tutorial. So if you just want to check out the process of the Jailbreak for your iPhone 4 and see that it is no different, this is the video for you.

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Tutorial Here:
http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/i...-|-ipod-touch-4g-iphone-4-ipad-3gs-ipod-3795/

Thanks for the helpful (as always) videos. Apologies for my denseness here but just want confirmation about some things... (1) is Limera1n a low/chip-level exploit impervious to firmware patches like the Pois0n is/was supposed to be? (2) If so, am I correct that you could now restore back to the "default" 4.1 firmware (or any firmware updates) and NOT lose the jailbreak you just showed? Does this not, however, mean you would STILL need to reinstall Cydia, and will whatever jb'd apps you had installed prior to said restore, still be there? Or do you have to go through the (relative) mess of reinstalling those, and putting icons back the way you had them, etc. Thanks for your help w/ these questions. (Thought I had found answers to these, but now am not so sure...sigh.) Cheers!

OK... seems I was mistaken... I see now that Limera1n would be vulnerable to an Apple patch of the firmware whereas the rumored Pois0n wouldn't be. Learn something new each day.

Last edited:
I'm running 4.1 and have done everything the same as the video, limerain finishes and says i'm jailbroken but no green raindrop on my phone and no new icon to start the cydia install. Any ideas what I need to do?

Jase

Another curiosity... for those of you who exposed your version 4 phones to the ra1n, are your usage stats displaying properly? (Since breaking out of Warden Steve's prison using jailbreakme on v. 4.01, all I've ever seen are dashes instead of accurate usage statistics -- minor annoyance, but still.) Just wondering.

Another curiosity... for those of you who exposed your version 4 phones to the ra1n, are your usage stats displaying properly? (Since breaking out of Warden Steve's prison using jailbreakme on v. 4.01, all I've ever seen are dashes instead of accurate usage statistics -- minor annoyance, but still.) Just wondering.

charging my phone now. at 90% right now, will check it out soon

Thanks, Matrix. As I recall (maybe?..who knows now), I *may* have had the stats momentarily appear the way they are intended to, but then as the phone discharged and/or I rebooted, they disappeared. As of late, even after a full charge, they never appear.

Usage stats are displaying. 5 min usage right now after a full charge. No dashes bud

The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

I jailbreak my iphone 4 using one software by myself. It just took me about 10 mins.