What's new

Jailbreak And Install Cydia: iOS 6 Semi Untethered !!!!!

SERBDVB

Reaction score
This is C/P

1. Download the latest dev edition of Redsn0w from the download section below. Also, if you’re on Windows 7 or Vista, right click Redsn0w, set the compatibility mode to Windows XP (service pack 2) and run the program as an administrator.
2. Once Redsn0w is open, select the Extras option, click Select IPSW and browse for your iOS 6.0 IPSW (the firmware can be downloaded from the site listed in the download section of this tutorial).
3. Navigate back to the main Redsn0w screen and click the Jailbreak option. Once the firmware has finished processing, ensure that Install SSH was automatically checked.
4. Continue by clicking next and enter DFU mode by following these simple steps to automatically bypass the DFU information screen and begin the Jailbreak process:
  • Press and hold both the home and power buttons together for a total of ten seconds.
  • Once ten seconds has passed, release the power button and continue holding the home button for roughly ten to fifteen seconds.
5. Wait for the Jailbreak stage to finish on your iOS-device. Once it has, your iPhone or iPod touch will automatically reboot. After your device is back up, close out of the Redsn0w utility and reopen it.
6. Point Redsn0w at your iOS 6 firmware again by clicking Extras and then Select IPSW. Once the build has been successfully identified, click the Just boot option and enter DFU mode (follow the procedure outlined in the fourth step).
Your iPhone 4, 3GS or iPod touch fourth-generation is now [video=youtube;xgbIH-O4yuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbIH-O4yuI"]Jailbroken on iOS 6[/video]. However, you’ll need to continue with this tutorial if you wish to install Cydia (the graphical user interface for downloading and installing third-party packages).

Install Cydia through terminal on Jailbroken iOS 6 device with a Mac :

1. Open terminal on a Mac (look below for the PuTTY tutorial if you’re on a Windows-based PC).
2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPod touch, press the Wi-Fi option and then the blue arrow next to the network you’re connected to. Note the IP Address, as we’ll need that in the next step.
3. Type the following command: ssh root@(enter the IP Address obtained from the second step). Here’s an example of what the command you enter could look like:
ssh [email protected]
4. If you get a prompt asking you if you wish to connect, proceed by typing ‘yes’ (this could vary depending on your SSH program – it will notify you of the proper command).
5. Copy and paste the string of code listed below and execute it:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
6. Once your device is back up after a quick respring, locate Cydia and open it. After it finishes preparing the filesystem, it will respring for a second time.

Install Cydia through PuTTY on Jailbroken iOS 6 device with a Windows PC :

1. Download and open PuTTY if you’re on Windows (you’ll find a link in the download section).
2. Open the Settings app on your device, tap the Wi-Fi option and then the blue arrow next to the network you’re connected to. Make a note of the IP Address, as we’ll need that in the next step.
3. In the “Host Name” field, type your iPhone or iPod touch’s IP Address, which was obtained in the second step. Also, ensure that the connection type is set to ‘SSH’.
4. Continue by clicking ‘Open’ – if this is your first time connecting the device, it will take roughly thirty seconds.
5. The username you’ll need to enter is ‘root’ and the password is ‘alpine’. Once it’s connected, PuTTY may return a security warning; if that’s the case, simply accept it.
6. Now, PuTTY should be at a Unix command prompt-like window, that’s exactly where you want it.
7. Copy, paste and execute the string of code listed below:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
8. Once your device is back to the lock screen after a quick respring, locate Cydia on your springboard and open it. After it finishes preparing the filesystem, it will respring again.

Thnx Tanner :)

Still waiting on the iPhone 4S :/ Damn you A5 devices.

Guess only my iPod Touch'll havei t

once there is a JB for ios6 on the 4s, do you think we will we able to update overtop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thomasjtsi said:
It'll work on any GSM or CDMA iPhone 4 running iOS 6.

Iuno which one mine is, I have iPhone 4, AT&T ... But is this the jailbreak that if your phone dies you have to rejailbreak it again? Is this a full untethered JB now?

Hey I'm completely n00b to this "Putty" thing for windows. I have a jailbroken (thru redsn0w - limera1n) iPhone 4 - iOS 6 - (Trying to give all details)..

I can not get "Putty" or "Command Prompt" to work with my iPhone. I did the jailbreak STEP by STEP quite a few times, completely erased and restored thru iTunes, etc.

I installed the redsn0w jailbreak with the "SSH" checked off as the steps told me to do, did the whole DFU mode, just boot, etc.

I made sure all my firewalls were off, I took my wifi router password off and the computer and iPhone have been and still are on the same wifi router.

The IP Address it gives me is 10.0.0.3 when I look it up on the iphone.

I use that both in command prompt and putty and they both say it failed.

What am I doing wrong here? I followed multiple tutorials and they are all the same thing when it comes down to it.

Ive tried doing this for hours upon hours.

I have hotspot shield elite on my computer (Disabled it) and it told me to change things in my router when I first installed (which i also switched back to all ISP auto everything to try and make this work).

I need professional help.

I tried to give all the info I could.

Please reply asap. Thanks!!

Thanks a lot for the Tutorial. It all went smoothly for me!! I have a lot of experience rooting android phones so I guess this really isnt that much different after all....

Iuno which one mine is, I have iPhone 4, AT&T ... But is this the jailbreak that if your phone dies you have to rejailbreak it again? Is this a full untethered JB now?
AT&T is a GSM wireless carrier. This JB is a Tethered JB that requires the "Just Boot" option. However, the "Semi Tethered" option above allows you to use your Phone, Email, Texts... but to regain full operation the "Just Boot" is required.

Thomasjtsi said:
AT&T is a GSM wireless carrier. This JB is a Tethered JB that requires the "Just Boot" option. However, the "Semi Tethered" option above allows you to use your Phone, Email, Texts... but to regain full operation the "Just Boot" is required.

Thanks bro, I'll just wait for the full untethered