What's new

Jailbreak 4.2.9 Verizion

pam8160

Reaction score
can this be jailbroken now that it has 4.2.9 on the phone now. And what version do i download. greenpoison,snow.etc.

pam8160 said:
can this be jailbroken now that it has 4.2.9 on the phone now. And what version do i download. greenpoison,snow.etc.

There is a tethered jailbreak out. You use this tool Redsn0w 0.9.8b4.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

moreland1227 said:
Have you tries it out yet

I haven't I'm on 4.2.8 and I used jailbreakme 3.0. It's an untethered jailbreak. Unfortunately it won't work with firmware 4.2.9 or 4.2.10. The PDF exploit the dev team used was closed in version 4.2.9. A tethered jailbreak is the only method I've seen thus far for jailbreaking firmware 4.2.9.

pam8160 said:

There is a tethered jailbreak out. You use this tool Redsn0w 0.9.8b4.

Are there instructions, download link, walk thru etc anywhere for this?

Eric9357 said:

I pm the link to you. Im gonna warn you. This is a tethered jailbreak and everytime your phone powers down you'll have to connect your iPhone to your computer just to be able to power it back up. If that doesn't bother you then got for it!!

Anyone know if there is a jailbreakme or something similar for the latest version, I'm on 4.3.4

sean344 said:
Anyone know if there is a jailbreakme or something similar for the latest version, I'm on 4.3.4

Unfortunately no. The only thing out for 4.3.4 is a tethered jailbreak.

Last edited:
Eric9357 said:

I pm the link to you. Im gonna warn you. This is a tethered jailbreak and everytime your phone powers down you'll have to connect your iPhone to your computer just to be able to power it back up. If that doesn't bother you then got for it!!

If that is the only method and I have to plug in my phone every time I'd rather not. You'd think there'd be a better way.

Eric9357 said:
If that is the only method and I have to plug in my phone every time I'd rather not. You'd think there'd be a better way.

Nobody has come out with one yet. If they have then nobody on this site has heard of it. I can't find an untethered jailbreak on google for 4.2.9 either.

Question.

why cant we just downgrade to 4.2.8 ?

downgrading seems pretty easy, can this be done?

i see how u can easily downgrade from 4.3.4 down to anything, so why cant we with 4.29 and then go to 4.28 to jailbreakme via dfu mode and itunes?

EDIT.
i see something about SHSH blobs, see my post below.

Last edited:
i also got another question.

if i save SHSH blobs from my phone now via umbrella or whatever, can i upgrade to the newest Ios from my current 4.29, THEN can i downgrade to 4.29 since i got some blobs from 4.29?