What's new

Jailbreak 4.2.1 Help!

60DegreeVVT

Reaction score
ok... so i used Redsn0w (newest release) to jailbreak my iphone and when i was completed it lost the ATT network.

I was unable to make or receive any calls. i accidentally updated to 4.2.1 and wished i was still on 4.2 due to Greenp0sion jailbreak but what should i do? i want to jailbreak so i can tether my iphone to my ipad and not pay ATT 10 per month.

Help?

I will try it again later today. Also is there any way to revert back to 4.2?

Any other ideas?

Thank You

My opinion from what I have seen is no.
You would be better off trying to move in a higher revision than lower.
Again this is opinion, but from what I have gathered Apple does not want people downgrading. You will tend to get Itune server errors and "cannot restore phone" type of warnings when you sync. Don't let me talk you into anything you don't want to do, but Id keep trying the red snow. From what I can tell it seems to do a lot better on the conversion process than Itunes, again, this is an opinion that I have formed based on doing my own downgrades/upgrades.
I have not done this long enough to give you professional advice or I would even though I am a professional tech by trade. LOL.
You might try the red snow again a couple of times. If it does not seem to work you might hang tight awhile as there is talk that untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 will be out any day now. Its in beta but its not yet stable.
Good Luck.

If you have your 4.2 SHSH's saved with Cydia, you can downgrade back to 4.2.

You have to select the 'make my life easier' button on the main page.