What's new

Issues with time zone changing

jeriel05

Reaction score
My wife and I both have a iPhone 4s running the 5.1 update, we both have been having problems with the time zones changing automatically to the wrong time zone. I'm locate in the midwest and it keeps changing to new York, I use the phones alarm to wake up in the morning but I'm almost scared to now because of how unreliable it has become. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Please go into Settings, then Location Services, then scroll to the bottom of that screen, then select System Services and finally what is "Setting Time Zone" set to? On or Off?

This is a known issue with iOS updates.

I recommend you turn off "set automatically" then just choose your time zone. It is because you have "set-automatically" set.

It is best to keep this feature off any way, as it helps to save battery. Turn it on when you travel i suppose, but it dies not need to be on......You can manually choose your time zone.

Please go into Settings, then Location Services, then scroll to the bottom of that screen, then select System Services and finally what is "Setting Time Zone" set to? On or Off?

It is set to on.

This is a known issue with iOS updates.

I recommend you turn off "set automatically" then just choose your time zone. It is because you have "set-automatically" set.

It is best to keep this feature off any way, as it helps to save battery. Turn it on when you travel i suppose, but it dies not need to be on......You can manually choose your time zone.

I turned "set automatically" off hopefully this takes care of it. I also wasn't aware this would save on battery which is always a plus, thanks for the tip.

Ok, zig9449 covered exactly what I suspected was the issue. I just wanted to be sure it was on before I made any suggestions.