What's new

Issues with recent jailbreak

MisterBilbo

Reaction score
I got an Iphone 4 the day it came out. I had a 3GS for 2 weeks prior. I have/had a very limited knowledge when it comes to hacking, jailbreaking, etc I was a comeplete greenhorn.

After a few weeks getting the Iphone I jailbroke it and fell in love with Cydia and was just learning the abilities to have much more control over the phone I paid for. Like many, I felt when I bought the Iphone, that I was renting it and it was untouchable.

Then came the upgrade to iOS 4.1 which I downloaded unknowing that it would wipe out the jailbreak, loose Cydia and the ability to swipe the top of the phone and bring up a control panel (cant remember what its called).

Fast forward to today. I just followed your step by step instructions for Limera1n and it all went well. I d/l limera1n and followed the step by step. Itunes kept poping up but I got rid of it and didn't enact anything it suggested. After I released the top button and kept pressing the bottom round button I got the dialog box that the jailbreak was successful and life is good. So I thought. A few MAJOR PROBLEMS. No limera1n app and no Cydia app. My phone appears identical to what I had before I started this venture.

What did I miss.

its called sbsettings that app where you swipe, did you try using greenpoison also? and pwnage tool?

or try restarting, the same thing happened to me and i the first time i restarted no luck, but i had to re-jailbreak using the method again and then limera1n finally appeared, good luck with everything and hope it works out for you

You just have turn off your iphone than turn it back on!!!

You'll see the limerain application will appear. Open it.....
Just install cydia than you'll be all set!!!

Good luck!!!

My iph4 FW4.1. Has been jailbroken the second day Linera1n was released. Overall excellent jailbreak however, from time to time my phone resets itself and goes into a locked safe mode. I have to reboot it and then it's all good for a while. Anyone else have similar issues

mine goes into "safe mode" when i try to install shrink, but other than that i had hiccups where it would reset itself back when jailbreakme.com was used

My iph4 FW4.1. Has been jailbroken the second day Linera1n was released. Overall excellent jailbreak however, from time to time my phone resets itself and goes into a locked safe mode. I have to reboot it and then it's all good for a while. Anyone else have similar issues

same problem here, it sometimes happens when Im using an app, for example playing a game, and I get a text message and try to switch to displaying it.
hello sad iphone..