What's new

Is this the first phone released that isn't better than an older phone?

Marie86

Reaction score
ok I realise some people may prefer the smaller size compared to the 6s, but looking at the specs of the se it looks like it's either same as 6s or not as good. I know it's not for sale just yet and could happen to have some features people didn't know. From what I've read of the features it is either same as the 6s or not as good. Stuff like the camera does Live Photos, back camera 12mp and 4K video same as 6s but only got 1.2mp front camera so gone backwards from the 6s. Battery life there is conflicting reviews some saying it will have better battery some saying same battery life. I think the prices of the se and 6s once the se is out will give a good idea which is the better phone. I'm not counting the size as a better or worse than 6s as everyone will have different opinions but I don't think anyone can argue that a lower mp front camera is better or as good as higher mp. Ok both will still take good photos.

You have the case of the iPhone 5c, which came out around the same time as the iPhone 5s. The internal specs were about the same as the iPhone 5 from the previous year.

You have the case of the iPhone 5c, which came out around the same time as the iPhone 5s. The internal specs were about the same as the iPhone 5 from the previous year.

So would you say it's an iPhone 5 D

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

They should have just called it the iPhone mini. Get rid of the numbers...iPhone Mini, iPhone, and iPhone Deluxe. Then it wouldn't matter anymore, they could release a new phone whenever they want and not have to worry about confusing people and starting debates about what's what lol.

Nearly same as 6s but not quite as good. No 3D Touch not that I use it much, lower mp front camera. Really for the lower price it does look worth getting if people have the 6 or older just not with it from a 6s

They had to make a smaller and more affordable phone for consumers- the 5c was issued with the launch of the 5s- and I actually loved my lime green iPhone 5c 32g phone.

Will be interesting to see how long they keep selling this se phone compared to the 6s as I know 5c stopped being sold before the 5s. I think the 5s is only now stopping being sold isn't it?

Actually the 5c and the 5s are still being sold- but major carriers are still selling the 5s I believe but will slowly discontinue it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if l might be sarcastic for a second the iPhone 5s and below will not be allowed the next iOS update.
You will simply have to find another use for it and buy or rent an iPhone 6
Oh boy hope l am not breaking any forum rules here if l am
J.A. don't slap my wrists tell me l don't wish to be banned bitte.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Since having 6s I have started looking what other phones do and comparing them I always like to have a newer one so today I am pleased to be able to say I still have the iPhone that does most even if it's not newest.

Since having 6s I have started looking what other phones do and comparing them I always like to have a newer one so today I am pleased to be able to say I still have the iPhone that does most even if it's not newest.

Maybe you would like to swap it with my iPhone?