What's new

Is this a misprint?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I just took this screenshot while looking over the iPhone 7 specs at Apple's website. Notice the description and picture for the EarPods? I thought the EarPods were wireless. Have I been reading the wrong news articles?

image.png

For the nice amount of 179 € in the Austrian Apple Store you can purchase wireless AirPods. Those that come with the iPhone 7 are not wireless.

Ear pods and Air pods - they sound similar, but the Air Pods, not available until October, have short stems and use Bluetooth connectivity.

Thank you all for the replies. Some of the news articles that I've read made it sound like the Bluetooth AirPods were all that would be available. Now that I know the Lightning EarPods will be included with the phones, the removal of the headphone jack doesn't seem such a bad idea.

While the new AirPods use Bluetooth LE to initiate the connection, the new W1 chip in the AirPods does most of the work.
Do you know whether or not the AirPods (wireless) will work with previous iPhone models? Or is there something in the iPhone 7 that is required?

Do you know whether or not the AirPods (wireless) will work with previous iPhone models? Or is there something in the iPhone 7 that is required?
They require an iCloud account, and macOS Sierra, iOS 10 or watchOS 3.

Ios10 is required. They work with any device that will run it.