What's new

Rumour: New Images of Supposed iPhone 7 EarPods Leak

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
More Lightning EarPod images for iPhone 7 leak.JPG

New images of what is claimed to be new Lightning Connector EarPods for the forthcoming iPhone 7 have been posted online on Chinese microblogging website Weibo, via AppleInsider.

The images show that the EarPod end looks identical to the current EarPods, but the big difference comes with the connector, which is now a Lightning Connector rather than a 3.5-millimeter connector. It also would appear to have a surprisingly big endpiece. The volume controls also look identical to the current version.

As with all such leaks, there’s no way of knowing whether or not the images are genuine, but they do look very similar to previously leaked iPhone 7 EarPod images. If they should prove to be genuine, then they are yet more confirmation that the 3.5-millimeter jack is indeed no more, a controversial decision by Apple that has attracted a fair degree of criticism from some iPhone users. Still, Apple had made similar controversial decisions before, and everyone got used to them in the end!

Source: New photos of alleged Lightning EarPods for Apple's 'iPhone 7' match recent leak

Controversial decisions: They know they have the market locked down, of course there customers will get used to the changes. They have no choice, oh sorry Windows or Android
No way, but that me. I let Apple do want they want, after all it only a dam phone.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

The way those pictures are cropped, there's no way to tell if the Lightning connector is even connected to those EarPods.

I don't have a magnifying glass by me at the mo, anyone tried counting the connections ?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.