What's new

Is there going to be an iPhone 6c?

Marie86

Reaction score
ive heard there maybe an iPhone 6c coming out in few month. Is there any point in this really? From what I've read about it there doesn't seem to be a need.

It's going to be an updated version of the 5s and same size as 5s. It's said to be going to have the same 8mp and 1.2mp cameras as the 5s,6 and the few earlier iPhones. May not do 3D Touch like the 6s does so probably won't do Live Photos or 4K video. Of course this is all what people are guessing but it doesn't make sense to me to bring out a new phone (6c) that isn't as good as an older phone (6s).

My opinion: We will know for sure when Apple releases such a device. Until then, idle speculation is nothing more than a waste of resources.

Yea it's basically for the people who dont like the 5inch screen so it going 2 be a iphone 6 mini sorta i can see me getting cos i dont like the big screen on my iphone phone as i have the ipad air 2 for that lol and in the works is a iwatch 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive heard there maybe an iPhone 6c coming out in few month. Is there any point in this really? From what I've read about it there doesn't seem to be a need.

It's going to be an updated version of the 5s and same size as 5s. It's said to be going to have the same 8mp and 1.2mp cameras as the 5s,6 and the few earlier iPhones. May not do 3D Touch like the 6s does so probably won't do Live Photos or 4K video. Of course this is all what people are guessing but it doesn't make sense to me to bring out a new phone (6c) that isn't as good as an older phone (6s).
The tenor of your postulating is very similar to that around the 5c prior to its' introduction. And while many poo poo'ed it, internationally, it sold well and it's owners were happy with their product, despite the naysayers. And what that should to is remind everyone that it's a world of many different wants and needs and that Apple does enough market research to ensure that if they come out with a new product, there is a market for that product. Perhaps not for you but others will want it.

I'm sure some people will want it but considering iPhone 5c came out same time as the 5s and only the 5s is still on sale now tells you the 5s was the better phone. Now if 6c comes out it will be like the 5c being behind the 6s in what it does yet it will be the newest phone. Would make more sense to me to have a smaller iPhone 7 which is better than 6s rather than going backwards first.

I will be interested to see if a 6c does come out and will be happy if it does as it will mean I will have an older phone that does more which is probably first time an older phone has done more.