What's new

Is there any way to jailbreak 4.2.10

sd6854

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to jailbreak 4.2.10 on my iPhone 4. Now I've been an iPhone user since they came out and I've been jailbreaking since right before the 3GS and I gotta admit it's great but I have no clue why Verizon firmware and att firmware are different. Would I be able to use the same jailbreak as att with ther new firmware that came out with 4.2.10 I've already tried to use I think it was red snow or pwnage tool whatever it was that had the loop hole but it's tethered and I can't reboot like Cydia says and when I plug it up to the computer to do it like u used to with blackra1n it doesn't work

Please help

sd6854 said:
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to jailbreak 4.2.10 on my iPhone 4. Now I've been an iPhone user since they came out and I've been jailbreaking since right before the 3GS and I gotta admit it's great but I have no clue why Verizon firmware and att firmware are different. Would I be able to use the same jailbreak as att with ther new firmware that came out with 4.2.10 I've already tried to use I think it was red snow or pwnage tool whatever it was that had the loop hole but it's tethered and I can't reboot like Cydia says and when I plug it up to the computer to do it like u used to with blackra1n it doesn't work

Please help

Nope...4.2.10 is still stock...you wouldn't be able to use any gsm firmware to jailbreak.

sd6854 said:

Please help

You can't jailbreak 4.2.10 the only thing you can do is downgrade to a previous firmware like 4.2.8 if you saved you SHSH blobs while 4.2.8 was being signed, or if you dumped the SHSH blob with iFaith. If you didnt do any of that, then you'll have to wait until iOS 5.

Since you've already tried to jailbreak you'll have to do a factory restore to get your device working right again.

iCrank said:
Nope...4.2.10 is still stock...you wouldn't be able to use any gsm firmware to jailbreak.

+1.

Ok I understand what u guys are saying but then why is there things like wildra1n I wouldn't try it bc I'm not stupid but the pwnage tool loop for 4.2.10 I can jailbreak, get Cydia and everything and download anything I want as long as it doesn't require a reboot so all I'm asking is, is there any way to plug it up like you used to like for example blackra1n u could plug it up and rerun it and your back to your jailbreak , is there any way to do that with the 4.2.10 loop hole with pwnage tool

sd6854 said:
Ok I understand what u guys are saying but then why is there things like wildra1n I wouldn't try it bc I'm not stupid but the pwnage tool loop for 4.2.10 I can jailbreak, get Cydia and everything and download anything I want as long as it doesn't require a reboot so all I'm asking is, is there any way to plug it up like you used to like for example blackra1n u could plug it up and rerun it and your back to your jailbreak , is there any way to do that with the 4.2.10 loop hole with pwnage tool

If there is a way I haven't heard about it. Sorry I couldn't help more.

If there was a way to do it the devs would know about it. Things like wildra1n are just fake jailbreaks probably a virus, maybe something harmless that just poses as a jailbreak tool, but they're never real. The only real tools come from the dev-team, chronic-dev team, geohot or other trusted developers.

Ok well if anyone finds something let me know asap I can't stand not haveing a jailbreak please and does anyone know when 5.0 will be here and sorry to bug but why do I keep hearing about a spirit jailbreak I mean I used it before but that was way long ago did they bring it back because when I looked yesterday I seen something on there about my firmware and the spirit jb and people telling them to download it what is that about

Ok well if anyone finds something let me know asap I can't stand not haveing a jailbreak please and does anyone know when 5.0 will be here and sorry to bug but why do I keep hearing about a spirit jailbreak I mean I used it before but that was way long ago did they bring it back because when I looked yesterday I seen something on there about my firmware and the spirit jb and people telling them to download it what is that about

iOS 5 will be available to upgrade in September.

Spirit jailbreak is only compatible up to 3.1.3 firmware. There are NO jailbreaks for 4.2.10, period, end of story. If anyone tells you different don't listen to them. Just wait for iOS5 to be jailbroken.

Ok thanks guys that's what I thought just making sure and can anyone tell me how to get tiny umbrella and how to use it for my shsh because I need to start doing that that is one thing I have no clue how to do yet with jb

Ok thanx and I feel stupid asking this but this is new to me the tiny umbrela stuff so how exactly do I use it and is there a way I can get TU from Cydia or something like it to save my shsh

Ok thanks and completely off topic but my wife got an iPhone and of course I have an IPhone now we both use the same account for iTunes now I plug my phone up to save all my stuff alot but she has yet to plug hers up and you know when u first plug it up it asks u to set up new well what I wana know is if I can plug hers up and save everything she has without erasing it and starting her from scratch so that everytime she plugs up everything she downloads can get saved and then say I want it I can plug mine up and sync it to mine. You get what I mean?

sd6854 said:
Ok thanks and completely off topic but my wife got an iPhone and of course I have an IPhone now we both use the same account for iTunes now I plug my phone up to save all my stuff alot but she has yet to plug hers up and you know when u first plug it up it asks u to set up new well what I wana know is if I can plug hers up and save everything she has without erasing it and starting her from scratch so that everytime she plugs up everything she downloads can get saved and then say I want it I can plug mine up and sync it to mine. You get what I mean?

If it was from the same computer yes. Since guys share a account just plug her phone in and transfer purchases