What's new

Is there a way to slow iphone applications?

baboo

Reaction score
I want to know if there is a way to slow iphone 4S (iOS 5) applications... either specifically affecting an application's running speed or maybe even temporarily slowing down the whole phone (maybe by clogging up the RAM or something) so the applications run slower?

Thanks!

nothing critical... one of the games has some talk quotes happen too fast, wanted to see if i could slow things down a bit so i can see what the heck is going on!

No not really. Well, to could open up and run every app on the phone at the same time, especially if like need for speed you're in the middle of a race. Then you could get it to go slower, but it would freeZe, but the frame rate wouldn't drop at all, since that's not how apps are designed for iOS.

You would not slow the phone, iOS would simply swap out apps and memory so the running app gets the resource it needs.

Video the game and then freeze frame the video...

thewitt said:
You would not slow the phone, iOS would simply swap out apps and memory so the running app gets the resource it needs.

Video the game and then freeze frame the video...

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Take a screenshot of whatever you want to see, you can take multiple screenshots while the game is on going.

bab2010 said:
Take a screenshot of whatever you want to see, you can take multiple screenshots while the game is on going.

Yeah but that would be slow and awful. Doesn't record sound either. Detracts from gameplay too.

Is there anything in the game's settings that you can use/ select to slow down the "talk quotes"?