What's new

Converting from Android

crazywesc

Reaction score
So I'm a new Iphone user coming from a Droid and have a question. On my droid I had to use a app for killing open apps, like Advanced Taskkiller. If I didnt run this app my phone would slow way down because of all the opened apps running and using up the phones memory. Is a app like this needed on a Iphone 4s? If so what is the best one.

I too converted from android an wondered the same thing. Over the past week ive said screw monitoring apps and let them do their thing. I easily get 6-7 hours of actual use and 30 hours total up time. Run it without worrying and see how you do. If you want to kill an app double click the home button and hold down on the app in the popup drawer.

Sent from my iPhone on Sprints "Slower than dial up" Network

From my understanding the apps open in the background don't have any effect memory like on the droids (I'm a droid convert also) I just double tap the home button and close them all out about once a day

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks...I didnt know about double tapping the home button

crazywesc said:
So I'm a new Iphone user coming from a Droid and have a question. On my droid I had to use a app for killing open apps, like Advanced Taskkiller. If I didnt run this app my phone would slow way down because of all the opened apps running and using up the phones memory. Is a app like this needed on a Iphone 4s? If so what is the best one.

Tap the home button twice on the bottom of the screen a list of the open apps will spear simply hold one of them down unroll the start moving and them touch the x on the program you want to stop running

From my understanding the apps open in the background don't have any effect memory like on the droids (I'm a droid convert also) I just double tap the home button and close them all out about once a day

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

You don't even need to do that! I've heard from a couple people that occasionally killing all the background apps can help out an iDevice, but I've never seen any documentation to back that up.

I went from a Droid X to a Droid X2 to an original Droid before coming to iPhone.

I just picked up an iPhone 4 S after using and Android. While the Android OS is built to handle multiple tasks the community felt that task killers caused more problems than they solved. My sense is the same applies to iOS.

@crazywesc and @wingz have you been able to convert you Gmail contacts? If not go here Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Here are two other links that my help.

iPhone How-Tos | Mac|Life

10 Handy Shortcuts for iOS 5 and iPhone 4S | Mac|Life

Hope this is hlepful

I just picked up an iPhone 4 S after using and Android. While the Android OS is built to handle multiple tasks the community felt that task killers caused more problems than they solved. My sense is the same applies to iOS.

@crazywesc and @wingz have you been able to convert you Gmail contacts? If not go here Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Here are two other links that my help.

iPhone How-Tos | Mac|Life

10 Handy Shortcuts for iOS 5 and iPhone 4S | Mac|Life

Hope this is hlepful

Yeah i got all my contacts but i did loose a few cuz the stupid ET4G didnt sync about 20 new ones i had.

Sent from my iPhone on Sprints "Slower than dial up" Network

G'day & welcome to the forum!!! :)