What's new

Considering iphone, question

Jim1970

Reaction score
Hello,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Currently using a OG droid, considering a move to iphone 4s after my daughter switched from her droid and has
never been happier. I use my phone for calendar, texts, notes, email, and talk. I love google and use it for my
calendar and email. Question: if i get an iphone 4 or 4s, can it be configured to work with google mail and
calendar seemlessly as my droid does now?

Thank you in advance,
Jim

Thank you microsnook! That is encouraging information.

Jim

Google maps will be the biggest let down. There is no Google navigation like on Android. It still works for finding places, but it's no where near as nice as on your droid.

Jim, to confirm, Google Mail works like a charm on the iPhone. Additionally, it synchs your Google Mail Contacts perfectly.

Gmail works better on the iPhone that it ever did on my Droid X and Droid 2. It's very easy to use. I love it.

That is all gret news! Thanks everyone.

As for maps, i rarely use it anywy, so no big deal there.

Any chance verizon will have a buy-one-get-one special for the holidays? My wife wants one too!

Jim

Jim, not much of a chance on a Verizon "buy one, get one free" deal. I wish. Neither with ATT. Good luck.

That is all gret news! Thanks everyone.

As for maps, i rarely use it anywy, so no big deal there.

Any chance verizon will have a buy-one-get-one special for the holidays? My wife wants one too!

Jim

Not with the IPhone unfortunately. The Iphone was released in June of 2007 and has never been on sale. I can tell you though it is worth every penny. Let us know what you decide.