What's new

4.2.8 RUNNING SLOW ??? (Verizon)

iBarlow_ATL

Reaction score
:ios4:
I've updated to 4.2.8, and the phone seems a bit slower at closing out apps, or going to the home screen. I've restored and it still seems slower than other iPhone 4's running older versions... This is a MAJOR concern to me considering what happened to my 3G phone slowing down when I had that model....

I've done side-by-side comparisons with other iPhone 4's and mine is slower, I've turned off Spotlight and did all the usual things like closing out apps... I average around 10-50MB free RAM so it couldn't be a memory issue, especially since I only have 15 apps anyways...

Me and my brother both bought our iPhone's on the same day at the Verizon store on May 3rd. I got the white one, he got the black one. That's the only difference. He's never updated his. I updated mine to 4.2.8 and mine is a tad bit slower at accessing the home screen now.... :confused:

:ios4:
I've updated to 4.2.8, and the phone seems a bit slower at closing out apps, or going to the home screen.
[\QUOTE]

I'm experiencing the same problem. The lagging apps--it almost makes me feel like I'm back on windows mobile (well, at least, when it was running well).

Here's another data point, internet. 4.2.8, for me, was a bad decision. There were no feature updates included as far as i can tell.

With version 5 looming, I suspect that there was little focus on making this release smooth, and expect even less of a solution/fix.

I haven't tried a restore, but that's my next step.