What's new

is there a iphone4s unlock&jailbreak yet?

mtiran

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new iphone 4s, os 5.0.1, locked by movistar, spain.
Could anyone tell me how to unlock it, please? Do I need to jailbreak it first in order to be able to unlock it?
Thanks,

How long has it taken other times between launching a new iphone (iphone 4, for example) and finding the wat to unlock it?
Once unlocking will be available, is it usually necessary to jailbreak it before unlocking or may it be unlocked without jailbreaking?
thanks

Yes, it is necessary to jailbreak to unlock. There is no way of knowing how long it will take for them to develop an unlock, it could take months, it could take years, it could be never. Every time they update the baseband, it gets harder to exploit.

A more plausible solution would be a hardware unlock which will probably be released much sooner than a software unlock.

Past timeframes are not a good measure. All we know is that an unlock process for the 4S is being worked on.

And, unless you buy it unlocked or have your carrier unlock it, you must jailbreak in order to unlock the phone on your own.

Marilyn

Ruano you very much for your help.
I understand that by now I will not be able to use my 4s to make phone calls. The only thing I could do is to use it through the wifi, as if it were an iTouch. Is that correct? Can I do nothing in relation to phone calls but waiting?
What is a hardware jailbreak?
Tx very much

Hardware unlock is using a SIM interposer hack to unlock the phone. And you are correct, you can only use the phone as if it were an iPod Touch, no way to make calls or use the 3G network.

Supposedly tpsim unlock intercepter will unlock it it. It's like gevey sim tray available at beijingiphonerepair.com I ordered on have not received it but will let you know it it works. It 85 dollars. I have my fingers crossed

Supposedly tpsim unlock intercepter will unlock it it. It's like gevey sim tray available at beijingiphonerepair.com I ordered on have not received it but will let you know it it works. It 85 dollars. I have my fingers crossed
Tx, it sounds very interesting. Will you be so kind as toLet us know when receiving it? When do you expect getting the thing?Cheers

Good! I hope we will know soon how it works.
Tx, looking forward to hear your news,

got already any new in relation with the rebel-sim card for iphone 4s?
tx very much

I have an Iphone 4s locked by AT&T, IOs 5.0. I have jailbroken it using Absinthe. Now it shows No service. Following some blog on the net i downloaded SAM(Subscriber Artificial Module 0.1.14-1) via Cydia from Bingner.com. I was following the steps and got a 'Stockification Failure' message when clicked on Revert Lockdownd to Stock. The carrier in settings has changed from AT&T to Airtel (my network in India). But it still says No service.
Does anyone have an idea of what that means and how it can be rectified.. Plz help on this..