What's new

Is there a definitive way to tell if your number has been blocked on another IPhone?

Hoodiegurl95

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I tried to text another IPhone user, and the message was blue at first, but had no “ delivered” notice underneath. A second or two later, it turned green and the notice underneath said “ sent as text message”. I’ve read in other places that this is a sign of being blocked. Is it really, or is there any definite way to know if you’ve been blocked?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

The colour of the text bubble does not show whether or not you‘ve been blocked. That happened to me a few times when I sent messages to my children. I guess they lost internet access, so the message has been sent as text message Instead of iMessage.

The recipient might have blocked you, when you don‘t see “Delivered“ or “Read“ below your message, for a lenghty period of time. The same can happen when “Do Not Disturb“ is active, so you‘ll have to wait quite a bit until one of those can appear.

More than likely it is a signal issue. This has happened to me a few times, especially when traveling. One minute I could be having an iMessage conversation with a known iPhone user and the next, the last reply wasn’t delivered and the thread turns green. Sometimes it clears itself and other times, rebooting or putting the device in airplane mode for a few seconds corrects the problem.