What's new

Is the bumper strong?

Alude904

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has dropped their iphone 4 from a reasonable distance with the bumber on? I have a zagg front/back protector and apples bumper. Just curious if anyone has had any situations where the bumper has failed them while the question in the back of my mind is "is this bumper enough?"

For most this will protect from minor falls. You just havetoo understand that if it's dropped and a rock/whatever smashes into the glass... It will prolly break. So my opinion is if you drop your phone..... Just get a tough case such as the otterbox. If your looking for light bump/scratch protection the apple bumper is the way to go.

For most this will protect from minor falls. You just havetoo understand that if it's dropped and a rock/whatever smashes into the glass... It will prolly break. So my opinion is if you drop your phone..... Just get a tough case such as the otterbox. If your looking for light bump/scratch protection the apple bumper is the way to go.

Fa Sho...I don't think anybody is trying 2 b a crash tester, I would rather drop my lunch than drop my iPhone....:eek:

I've dropped my phone at a Starbucks from the table with the invisibleSHIELD from zagg and the Apple bumper and no damage at all (thank goodness). The bumper service it's purpose cuz it had just a little scratch on the edge of the bumper but protected it just fine.

If you treat your iphone with care and don't drop very often you'll be fine.

Haven't dropped mine yet, but what the bumper does do for me is gives the phone some friction so it doesn't as easily fly out of my shirt pocket when I bend over; or slides across a surface easy either. Also, I got the white bumper and with that Apple stick-on logo I got with the package (I stuck it on the back), it looks pretty cool.

Attachments

• $Iphone4.jpg
    $Iphone4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 109