What's new

Looking for a clear bumper iPhone 5/5s

DaveM

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a clear bumper to fit iPhone 5/5s. I'm not looking for back protection, just a bumper that will also show off the edges of the phone because it's see-through. I've done the standard Internet searches but haven't found anything like what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
I've yet to see a completely transparent one, but most bumpers are most grandparents, where they have colored strips at the edge of the bumper but the center of it for the side bezel of the device is clear, so you'll essentially still see the aluminum bezel, just a bit of color around it

Sent from my iPad Mini

Looks like auto correct strikes again! :)
Yeah, I've seen what you describe. I was kind of looking for a completely transparent one.

I do recall seeing one, but it's not exactly the best of ideas to get it, as it's literally a rectangular prism plastic shell that fits on your device haphazardly. It's very clunky as well. The texture is really cheap as well.

I've been browsing around and found this. Not sure if it'll do the job, but it's not as clunky as the one I described since it actually doesn't seem like you have a bumper on. It looks pretty flimsy as well.

Last edited:
Thanks. I probably should have been more specific. I didn't even realize that they called those things bumpers. I think of a bumper as being soft plastic or silicone, not hard plastic. Definitely don't want hard plastic. I'm presently using a white Tavik Outer Edge plastic bumper that looks pretty good, but it hides the beautiful edges of the 5s gold. I do feel the need for some basic protection, especially something that gives me a better grip, but otherwise pretty much a minimalist. Appreciate the response.

Rhiannon, and anyone else interested...
I ended up purchasing the Luvvitt case that you suggested. I'm very impressed. In fact, you can find my review on Amazon entitled "Very Impressed."
:)
As I mention in the review, I found out afterwards on the Luvvitt web site that they also make one that's just the bumper without the hard plastic back. If the back on this one ends up scuffing up I'll probably try just the bumper. Good quality stuff and it looks great.

Glad I could help. If it gets scratched they have s lifetime warranty and will send you a new one. Mine is still scratch free. Great customer service. My first one had a few imperfections in the seams and I contacted them and they sent a new one.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Glad I could help. If it gets scratched they have s lifetime warranty and will send you a new one. Mine is still scratch free. Great customer service. My first one had a few imperfections in the seams and I contacted them and they sent a new one.
I'm generally pretty easy on my iPhones, and so far the case back is not showing any signs of wear and tear. Now that I've been using it I do wish that the bumper material was a little more sticky, but I'm still pretty happy. Looks good too!