What's new

Is the Apple watch a good solution for "can't get up" old folk?

HowardBrazee

Reaction score
The ad "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices can also call for help when someone falls down - without having to call.

But it doesn't help if someone just can't get out of the bath tub. Do people wear Apple Watches in tubs and showers? Is it a good way for someone to get help? Does the phone need to be in the bathroom too?

The ad "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices can also call for help when someone falls down - without having to call.

But it doesn't help if someone just can't get out of the bath tub. Do people wear Apple Watches in tubs and showers? Is it a good way for someone to get help? Does the phone need to be in the bathroom too?
The Apple Watch likely wouldn't work in that situation. You'd have to have your iPhone with you. If you're not on WiFi, your Apple Watch has to be within Bluetooth range of the phone. It takes several button pushes to place a phone call, relayed through the iPhone. Someone may not be able to do that if they're injured. If the apple watch loses its connection to the phone, there's no way to,contact anyone. The dedicated devices have one button to push to call help,at any time.