What's new

Is my verizon unlimited data only for 3g?

bikela

Reaction score
I want to get an iphone 5 and am willing to spend the extra money to not use an upgrade and get the phone @ full retail price so I do not have to sacrifice my unlimited data plan. However I know that the IP5 is a 4g capable phone (even if it might still work on 3g idk) but my data plan is currently for a 3g IP4 so when I get the new iphone 5 will it have unlimited data on the 4g network or will I still have to use the 3g network for unlimited data?

I traded in my iPhone 4 to Verizon. I told them I wanted to buy the iPhone 5 outright and make no changes to my current unlimited everything plan. There were no issues at all. Anyone telling you any different is trying to sell you a bad bill of goods. Yes, I have 4G at no additional cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bikela said:
I want to get an iphone 5 and am willing to spend the extra money to not use an upgrade and get the phone @ full retail price so I do not have to sacrifice my unlimited data plan. However I know that the IP5 is a 4g capable phone (even if it might still work on 3g idk) but my data plan is currently for a 3g IP4 so when I get the new iphone 5 will it have unlimited data on the 4g network or will I still have to use the 3g network for unlimited data?

Your phone will use whatever network is available. If 4G isn't available in an area, your phone will automatically switch to 3G service.