What's new

iPhone and At&t

tomsanity

Reaction score
Hey! I just got my first iPhone4! However, after messing around with the phone, I came up with some questions and wondered if it could be answered here!

1.) If I am connected to Wi-Fi, will the 3G data be used? Or is the Wi-Fi prioritized first.

2.) Does using the youtube app. use data? Or, does it use Wi-Fi, if Wi-Fi is present.

3.) Does MMS use the data from the data plan, I have unlimited texting and heard that the data used for MMS is covered by that rather than the data plan itself.

4.) When I go over my data plan, will it restrict me from using data? Or will it just continue to allow me to use data and charge me as I go.

Thanks in advance! :)

Most those billing questions they will help you with . They DO seem to be REAL helpfully and on your side. Another note.. If you are like me( I am elcheapo!), check out google voice and itim. I do not pay for any mms or texts, have unlimited free calls......

tomsanity said:
Hey! I just got my first iPhone4! However, after messing around with the phone, I came up with some questions and wondered if it could be answered here!

1.) If I am connected to Wi-Fi, will the 3G data be used? Or is the Wi-Fi prioritized first.

2.) Does using the youtube app. use data? Or, does it use Wi-Fi, if Wi-Fi is present.

3.) Does MMS use the data from the data plan, I have unlimited texting and heard that the data used for MMS is covered by that rather than the data plan itself.

4.) When I go over my data plan, will it restrict me from using data? Or will it just continue to allow me to use data and charge me as I go.

Thanks in advance! :)

Data NOT. Used if on wifi..

I imagine you tube uses it just likenetflix would but if ur on wifi it won't matter

Mms not sure !!!

MMS uses data but if you have a pic and text plan it wont count towards your data and it's not charged.
Wifi trumps 3g when on. youtube will go to wifi as everything else.