What's new

Ipod touch x 2 for christmas presents for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say i bought a 4th generation is there a way i could update to 6.1.2 only instead of what tooks like it may go to 6.1.3 by previous thread reading, excuse me if im wrong just woke up, I will be go going to town today deffo getting 32gb 3rd gen thats sorted just wondering about a 6.1.2 update 4th gen if its possible and not go direct to 6.1.3 ?

Say i bought a 4th generation is there a way i could update to 6.1.2 only instead of what tooks like it may go to 6.1.3 by previous thread reading, excuse me if im wrong just woke up, I will be go going to town today deffo getting 32gb 3rd gen thats sorted just wondering about a 6.1.2 update 4th gen if its possible and not go direct to 6.1.3 ?
If you update a 4th generation iPad touch, it can only be to iOS 6.1.5. You can't update to any but the latest iOS version.

I Managed to pck up a 32gb 3rd gen today from Gumtree and it has the 3rd gen Model code already running 5.1.1 so will restore and update as new to 5.1.1 and use absinthe later guys thanks, so back to willerz link earler me thinks :-~)

Are all ipod touch rear covers the same size or would I specifically need ro order a 3rd gen rear cover ?

Not all generations are of the same size. The iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd Generation are nearly (if not completely) identical in physical dimensions and appearances AFAIK. The height, width, depth are all the same, the weight is the same. The only difference is the increase in RAM and a slightly better processor. An analogy for the iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd gen is like the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S. The physical appearance is near identical with respect to the front and back (not including the aluminum bezel since that's the method of differentiating a 4 and the 4S), so cases are generally tagged "iPhone 4/4S"

The iPod Touch 4th Generation is slightly slimmer, slightly lighter, but also slightly longer. Cases are differentiated between iPod Touch 1st Gen, iPod Touch 2nd/3rd Gen, iPod Touch 4th Gen, and the iPod Touch 5th Gen, so there are essentially 4 tiers of classification for cases with respect to the iPod Touch. If you see a case that says "iPod Touch 2nd/3rd/4th Gen", unless it's a fairly loose/flexible soft case, it won't be compatible with all 3 generations.

So i need 2nd/3rd Generation Ipod touch cases then ?

Thank you for the info above, loads of info.

Fon't think an iphone 4/4s would fit as its more square.

Can someone or yourself confirm the above please.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards.

Al.

Yes. Just be wary of cases that states that it's for any and all iPod Touch generations, or 2nd - 3rd and 4th generations.

Ok, 4th is no use correct ?

Kind regards.

Al.

If it was a gummy/flexy case, it may work but it won't be a tight fit. For hard cases, they won't work

Guy`s (Willerz especially) Thank you so much for your help I`ve already managed to JB 1 3rd gen on 5.1.1 via Willerz Absinthe link, 2nd 3rd gen has just arrived today, will be on that later running 3.1.2 at the moment hopefully when connected to iTunes it says there is an update for 5.1.1 and job will be good 1 ;-)

Thank you sooooooo much for all your help, really really appreciated.

Kind regards.

Al.

Both 3rd Gen 32gb ipod touches succsefully JB ;-)

Heres a question though:

Although I am running 5.1.1 I can only install a Piracy Resource
There is an option for 5/6 but won't install should I be running A Piracy Resource ? If so I suppose i will need to find a repo that just has A Piracy Resource and not A Piracy Resource.

Kind regards once again.

Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
iPhone Forums in no way supports piracy or any methods used to acquire pirated apps. You will receive no more help here.

With that, this thread is now closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.