What's new

iOS Developer with Jailbroken device... :P

iOSDeveloperGrl

Reaction score
Hey ya'll!

Okey dokey, I have a biggie today...

As you probably know from my username and the title of this post, I am an iOS Developer. Anyway, today I was going to build the final version of my application for submission to the App Store and, lo and behold, I couldn't. Why? Well, I recently jailbroke my iPod Touch which I use for development and personal uses.

The problem: When I plug the device (iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.0.1, OS X Mountain Lion with Xcode 4.4) into my Mac and open Xcode, it won't run the application on my device. In Organizer, it says that my iPod Touch cannot support development.

What I'm asking: Does anyone know of a way to develop using a jailbroken device? Or will I have to restore and remove the jailbreak?

Thanks guys!
-iOSDeveloperGrl

P.S. If you need pics of the problem I can make some screenshots later.

I've had no issues deploying apps on my jailbroken 4S, but I normally use a factory iPhone4 for development. Apple recently updated their developer agreement and they now restrict you from using a jailbroken device. It's best just to use a factory device for development purposes.

Welcome to the forum!

Jmills87 said:
I've had no issues deploying apps on my jailbroken 4S, but I normally use a factory iPhone4 for development. Apple recently updated their developer agreement and they now restrict you from using a jailbroken device. It's best just to use a factory device for development purposes.

Welcome to the forum!

Oh darn! Guess I'm restoring... Thanks so much for the information and quick reply!!! :)