What's new

Ipod touch x 2 for christmas presents for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering why it's important to u to jailbreak an iPod? I have the third gen iPod and it's pretty basic. Wouldn't pay more than $50 for one. No mic and no camera. Also not retinal display. Just my 2cents! :)

Well thats new to me never new it didnt have a camera, thx for that ;-)

Xrayeyes they are for my younger kids whom are 8 + 3 they will be over the moon with them ;-)

Last edited:
Can the 4th generation be downgraded to 6.1.2

Ps i know the iphone can be jb on 6.1.3 is this not the case with ipod, it must be 6.1.2 yeah?

Going to look at them in an hour or so.

Hi all just managed to buy 1 today, I got a 3rd generation ipod touch so if i am correct from what you guys have said I can update this to latest software which will be 5.1.1 and use Absinthe to JB ( its running 4.2.1 (8C148) at the moment )

Thank you,amd just to be sure it is 5.1.1 and not 5.1 for absinthe, basically update the ipod touch via computer on itunes to highest ios it will take then ise absinthe, ive checked the code its deffo a 3rd gen 8gb.

Kind regards.

Al.

Last edited:
Upgrade to a fresh copy of 5.1.1 and run Absinthe 2.0.4 which only works for 5.1.1. iOS 5.1 is only untethered using the tool Unthreaded which is only available for Linux, a tethered jailbreak is available using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze for 5.1.

Smashing, so 5.1.1 and that will give me the untethered version via Absinthe 2.0.4 ;-)

Is this correct, sorry just like to make sure ;-)

Last edited:
I am slightly confused as to the generation of models regarding ipod touch: When looking on a certain site and looking for 3rd generation 8gb they are between £125-£150 but they also have for sale 2nd/3rd generation which is the 1 I bought from the shop yesterday and these retail 2nd hand between £60-£80, The 1 I bought yesterday was £72 and the code on the back of it is (A1318) , so could you possibly clarify this is a 3RD generation model ? Why would they advertise a 3rd generation at a much more expensive price than the 2nd/3rd gen, is there an in between model ? And is the code above (A1318) deffo a 3rd gen and updatable to 5.1.1 , I hope this make sense and look forward to your reply. Kind regards Al.

Identifying iPod models

You have a 3rd gen. pricing varies with Gb and what people think they can get for them. Really surprised the lesser models are going for that much. Maybe I should try to sell mine!

Difference in pricing from newer to older models is always a hardware change, particularly the processor and camera megapixel increases. Increase in storage has always been reflected in price since the original iPod.

Xrayeyes and Wilerz just been on the phone to Apple and they have confirmed because its only an 8gb but has the model number ( A1318) its actually only a 2nd generation I have plugged into iTunes and will not update to 5.1.1 the latest update is 4.2.1 (8C148), please can you send a link for me to jailbreak on this firmware, the easiest or maybe the only way to do it, do not want to plug into computer if runs out power cannot rememeber if this is tethered or untethered , even reading about the untethered/tethered confuses me lol all I need is a link to to JB on the above firmware via windows , please can you help me out. Kind regards Allan.

I may take this back and get 32gb 3rd gen, this way I know its 3rd gen and will update 5.1.1. P.s I found out that you use greenp0ision to do the 4.2.1 JB. thx guys, very annoyed at store for sellng me ths as 3rd gen as they don't do 5.1.1 update on 8gb serial number says its a 2nd gen even though the model number is a 3rd gen, how frustrating and thx again, hoping to get some 5.1.1 updates soon on 32gb 3rd gen and use Absinthe. Thanks again. Allan.

This is on their website in the link I provided above. Wonder why they are misleading about the A1318. So with the same model number, I have a 32Gb and therefore a third gen and you have the same model with 8Gb and it is considered 2nd? And I def have 5.1.1 on mine.

iPod touch (3rd generation)

"iPod touch (3rd generation) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318."

Last edited:
I know xray but because its only 8gb there actually is no 3rd gen its a 2nd gen , no joke tried to update and says latest firmware is installed 4.2.1. proper 3rd gen are only out on 32 or 64gb. So now we know for sure, hope this has helped you guys aswell ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.