What's new

Iphones from ebay - Help please

chris9181

Reaction score
Hi there

Sorry to trouble you but wonder if you could help please?

Always wanted an iphone but to be honest they have been out of my price. After a recent liver transplant I have thought life is too short so think I will get one. Budget is still an issue but I have seen a new iphone 4 16gb on ebay for £300 'buy it now' and I wondered if there are things to be aware of on ebay? Their feedback looks good, it is currently on vodafone so will need unlocking so i can use my existing tmobile contracr, but do I need to be careful?

Many thanks
Chris

Hi there

Sorry to trouble you but wonder if you could help please?

Always wanted an iphone but to be honest they have been out of my price. After a recent liver transplant I have thought life is too short so think I will get one. Budget is still an issue but I have seen a new iphone 4 16gb on ebay for £300 'buy it now' and I wondered if there are things to be aware of on ebay? Their feedback looks good, it is currently on vodafone so will need unlocking so i can use my existing tmobile contracr, but do I need to be careful?

Many thanks
Chris

Yes, you need to find out what firmware and baseband it is on so you can then see if it unlockable.. if it is on ios 5.0 OR 5.0.1 then there is o way to unlock it other then going to vodafone and asking them directly and they will probably do it for a small fee or if you know some one who is a customer you might be able to get it done under their account free..

I would not buy from users unless they are 99% and read the comments and see what others say about the seller