What's new

iPhone4S stand by time

zacharydansby

Reaction score
My iPhone4S was fully charged 100% and I left it over night (around 8 hours) and I woke up with 71%. Why? I thought I had 200 hours of stand by time!

I go to work after school with about 20-30% left and when I get off 3.5-4 hours later I had 3% left. -_-

Is this normal? My iPod Touch 4 would go from 100% to like 90% on standby over night if I remember correctly.

What the *heck*

Last edited by a moderator:
Close all background running app. Even though they are not fully running they do still use your power /data / gps.

Try this before you put your phone down for the night.

Close all background running app. Even though they are not fully running they do still use your power /data / gps.

Try this before you put your phone down for the night.

That is an "Old Wives Tale" at best.

The more likely scenario is a service, provided by Apple, got stuck in a loop. Simply hold down the Standby and Home at the same time till the white Apple symbol appears. This is a more thorough reboot that usually clears issues of this nature.

It is no wife's tail. Certain apps like Tom Tom / maps / some Games still use power when in stand by. I have noticed this first hand on most of the Iso firm wears that handle multitasking.

This is only my opinion from my extensive use of I devices.

It is no wife's tail. Certain apps like Tom Tom / maps / some Games still use power when in stand by. I have noticed this first hand on most of the Iso firm wears that handle multitasking.

This is only my opinion from my extensive use of I devices.

Tom Tom turns GPS off within 1 minute of closing the application unless you leave it in route mode.

Maps works the same exact way.

Games can not stay connected to the internet longer than 30 minutes after closing. That is an API restriction built in by Apple and can not be overridden.

BTW this is all documented in the iOS developer program. I know this because I am an iOS developer and have read the documents.

Accepted then that this will be the case for iTunes apps. But what about cydia & non iTunes sourced apps.

Anyway as was said a hard Reboot is the first best option.

Accepted then that this will be the case for iTunes apps. But what about cydia & non iTunes sourced apps.

Anyway as was said a hard Reboot is the first best option.

I can't even fathom how many different ways a non Apple vetted application could screw up an iOS device.