What's new

Iphone4s screen repair

Krash772

Reaction score
Hey I am new to this forum and also to the apple iPhone product. I have bought the black iPhone4s for Christmas and I love the phone to death and would recommend it to anyone. There is only one problem with it the secound day I had it I dropped it and ran it over with my car :(:( amazingly the only thing that happend was the front screen glass shattered everything else seems to work and be fine. What I'm getting at is I have ordered a new screen and back but it said it was for the iPhone 4 is it the same and will it fit on my 4s? If somebody could help me out before I open it that would be great.

Welcome to iPF.net!! The front display/digitizer & back glass is different for the 4S than the 4... sorry. :-( While they may appear the same... the mouting points and tabs are slightly different.

Yup you got the wrong screen go to ifixit.com and get the correct screen dont be fooled by the cheap screens on ebay you need to get an OEM replacement.

Yup you got the wrong screen go to ifixit.com and get the correct screen dont be fooled by the cheap screens on ebay you need to get an OEM replacement.
Absolutely... can't believe I forgot to mention that. LOL!!! Thanks Eddie!

Thank you for you help it was muchly needed. Will it make a difference if it is sprint (vs. Verizon/AT&T) I have a sprint 4s and can't seem to find any for the sprint iPhone.

Yes it does make a difference i would call ifixit and ask which screen would work on your phone.
Now that i think of it as long as its a 4s screen it shouldn't matter im not 100% sure.

Last edited:
so i have found a few websites saying they have the iphone 4s screen and everything i need to fix my broken iphone. There Price is alot lower then the prices on the website recomennded earlier in the thread I just dont want to buy something that is a fake or a nock off brand that is not as good quality. If anyone could help me know what im buying and also if it would be worth saving the extra money, That would be great.
The two websites ive found are (buyiparts.com) and (cellsmart.net) please let me know if anyone has had experience with either one of the two websites and how was your exprience with them?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can get just the glass without having to buy all the guts that come with most replacement screens