What's new

iPhone 3G screen repair went wrong!

Mad_Maru

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've swapped over and replaced several 3g & 3gs screens but a friend recently asked if I would repair his phone as it had been cracked for several months. So I bought two replacement glass and digitisers and changed the glass etc. now when I first put the phone back together the screen worked but the swipe to open the phone didn't work properly so I took it all apart again and checked all connections all was correct but no joy with the screen still.

So I assumed the screen was faulty so attempted to fit the other one (from another seller) this one worked better but when you touched certain parts of the screen other parts responded. So I decided to purchase a complete replacement glass, digitiser and frame to see if this helps. Is there anything else I can try prior to the replacement part arriving ?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Are you using OEM parts?

I can't say for sure as wasn't stated via ebay so I'd say not as the price was much cheaper then I'd expect.

You take a risk doing this answer is donot do it for friends as you never know what you are going to get from eBay

I hear ya but he was stuck with it for 6 months and planned to sell it on as he will be doing an upgrade soon for an 4 or 4S.

To be fair this is a very simple task to carry out I just think the screens were flawed but wondered if there may have been a cable issue. Hopefully The replacement turns up soon so I can fit it all and save him from his old nokia hell as his phone is with me...

Update after trying three different replacement screens I decide to check the model of the phone as a last resort as my friend had stated his phone was a 3g, he even checked the box. Guess what yes it's a 3gs so what a waste of my time no wonder the screen wouldn't work properly!!!

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk