What's new

I'm now in the Cracked Screen Club :(

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_0309.jpg

I had just got out of my car and went to put my phone in my pocket when I missed my pocket and boom my iPhone 6 had hit the ground. It was dark so at first I couldn't tell it was even cracked. It had not fallen very far and I thought the lip on the case would have protected it somewhat. When I finally made it inside I noticed the entire screen had shattered. It is me or do these new screens just seem weak?

There are now 3 people in my office that have all cracked their iPhone 6 screens! Luckily I was able to take it to the Apple store the next day and 109 bucks and one hour they were able to make it like new.

I just ordered a screen protector to hopefully give me a little more protection in the future: Amazon.com iPhone 6 Screen Protector Maxboost iPhone 6 Glass Screen Protector 4.7 - Tempered Glass World rsquo s Thinnest Ballistics Glass 99 Touch-screen Accurate Round Edge 0.2mm Ultra-clear Glass Screen Protector Perfect Fit for iPhone 6 4.7 inch ONLY Maximum Screen Protection from Bumps Drops Scrapes and Marks Lifetime No-Hassle Warranty Cell Phones Accessories

$109 is a great price. I have been buying locked phones at $200 just to get parts for the 6 and 6 plus.

It sucks, but you did well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This new phone is slim and slick. I am still looking for a better case with grip. I had my previous two iPhones and never dropped them. I've dropped my ip6 twice now. Luckily no cracked screen. So sorry for ya!

Unless you can be sure you will never drop the phone, a screen protector is a must. At least for me. I did crack a screen with a screen protector once but that kept it from cutting my fingers. It's Murphy's law, the phone will find that perfect angle to cause damage when dropped.

My condolences!

I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Even with my Otterbox Defender I still worry. The day after I got my iPhone 6 from BestBuy I went straight to the Apple Store and got the AppleCare +. I think they still charge you for accidents (?), but they charge less.

My condolences!

I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Even with my Otterbox Defender I still worry. The day after I got my iPhone 6 from BestBuy I went straight to the Apple Store and got the AppleCare +. I think they still charge you for accidents (?), but they charge less.
The fee you pay for an AppleCare+ accidental damage claim is $79.00.