What's new

How many times have you cracked your screen?

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you replaced your phone every time you cracked it?

I happen to use a tempered glass screen which I've cracked and had to replace 3 times on my iphone 6, but I'm thankful it was just the screen protector, and not the actual phone.

I've never cracked my screen.
Hope I just didn't tempt fate :)

I've never cracked my screen.
Hope I just didn't tempt fate :)

DAAANG you are one ballsy iPhone owner, tempting fate like that. But also, do you just have a otterbox on it or something?

DAAANG you are one ballsy iPhone owner, tempting fate like that. But also, do you just have a otterbox on it or something?
No all I have is a metal bumper and a screen protector, not a glass one, just the usual kind.

No all I have is a metal bumper and a screen protector, not a glass one, just the usual kind.

Good for you. Maybe I'm just clumsy, but I cant count the number of times I've dropped my phone in the last few weeks (thankfully with no permanent damage).

I am in the same cautious/luck boat with @Poisonivy... I have been fortunate enough to keep my device screens intact. Of course, I am extra cautious about how I use my phone because I also do not use a case at all. I like my phones runnin' around buck naked! lol!

I've been using iOS devices since 2012 and have never had any damage to any of them. I've never used a screen protector and I've only had my iPhone 6 in a case due to the protruding camera lens.

I broke my Iphone4 early enough that they swapped it out so they could test it. This was when all that glass was so new to even Apple. I had been upset and angry with myself because the break was from a 5ft drop onto ceramic tile. It had been in a case with a regular screen protector, which meant I could use it without cutting myself. Knock wood, first and last time even though my 5 flew out of my bag onto the driveway.

Last screen I cracked was my galaxy note 2 lol
I don't want to JINX! [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never have. I'm not a dropper by nature. But I always have them in Otterbox Commuter cases with a tempered glass screen protector.

IPhone 0, iPad 1 (whole front broken [emoji15][emoji33][emoji25][emoji25]

I smashed one to bits last year with a hammer iPhone 5.

Bought a faulty battery and it damaged the iPhone beyond repair, got enough money to buy an iPhone 5s.

But wanted to be sure that nobody got into it.
Does that count? The screen was very cracked [emoji3]

I smashed one to bits last year with a hammer iPhone 5 that was. Bought a faulty battery and it damaged the iPhone beyond repair, got enough money to buy an iPhone 5s.
But wanted to be sure that nobody got into it.
Does that count? The screen was very cracked [emoji3]

I take it you didn't have a tempered glass screen protector?