What's new

Iphone4s Crashing

I happen to have the same exact issue and it seems the trigger is nothing specific. For example I was playing with it, opening apps using games etc then I realised it might be fixed, then went to bed, turned on my fav audiobook (been doing it for ever) and after a few minutes switching from landscape to portrait mode it crashed (brownish pixelation and fade out) and it went to recovery mode. Switched it off and on then worked for a couple of minutes and eventually showed me the recovery screen again. I got my phone on the 29/12/11 so within my rights I called up Apple and there is nothing they could do but arrange a replacement for me. I don't know if it's due to the update or the apps but anything could be a trigger. Just a faulty phone I guess. I'm stuck with it til I sell it and get a better 1.... :(

Hello.
I too have the same problem.
My iphone 4s has never been jailbroken. it goes into recovery mode at least once a day, as much as 5 times a day. i thought i was the only one with this problem. thank goodness for this forum.
whenever it goes into recovery, i have to hard reset (restore?) it by connecting to itunes and then pressing home and power for 10 secs and then just the power for 3-5 seconds.
and now i did a clean restore, it deleted everything: pictures, contacts, messages, everthing... and I DID NOT RESTORE FROM ANY BACKUP whatsoever.
AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

i am at wit's end.
anything i can do to resolve this?

Hello.
I too have the same problem.
My iphone 4s has never been jailbroken. it goes into recovery mode at least once a day, as much as 5 times a day. i thought i was the only one with this problem. thank goodness for this forum.
whenever it goes into recovery, i have to hard reset (restore?) it by connecting to itunes and then pressing home and power for 10 secs and then just the power for 3-5 seconds.
and now i did a clean restore, it deleted everything: pictures, contacts, messages, everthing... and I DID NOT RESTORE FROM ANY BACKUP whatsoever.
AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

i am at wit's end.
anything i can do to resolve this?

i forgot to include, i am at ios 5.1.1
i noticed that everyday when i wake up, i go to check my facebook, and that's when it started to happen.
with my clean reformat, i did not backup from any backup AND i did not install / download any apps whatsoever.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, No jailbreak - Apps started crashing. Restarting and also Restoring to factory settings did not work. Kept crashing....
Noticed emails weren't working either. After many restores, I think I know what's causing the apps to crash... HOTMAIL!

If I set up hotmail account using Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account>MS Hotmail or MS Exchange options, email account will get verified, but then email does not work and also apps start crashing. If I set it up using Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Accoutn>Other option, hotmail sends/receives emails just fine, but they will not be synced to Hotmail server. That also means contacts, calendars, notes, reminders do not sync either. I am thinking this is hotmail issue, because gmail and yahoo mail work just fine.

I want to be able to use hotmail to send/receive emails AND be able to sync them with Outlook. Help!!!