What's new

4S crashes during video playback - Help!

donnie1012

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help, I have a non jail broke 4S 16GB (7GB free) running 6.0.1. When trying to watch videos (Netflix, Youtube etc.) my phone will simply crash and restart! Sometimes it takes a while before it crashes other times its immediately after pressing play. I have spoke to Apple and have reset all settings and started over thinking it was a software issue. That seemed to work for a few days and then the problem returned. It is incredibly frustrating and I'm hoping its not a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Back up the device, restore it as a new device rather than from back up. Try it again and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply, I finally got around to trying that. Worked fine for a couple of days then same problem occurred. When starting to watch any kind of video (Netflix, YouTube, personal video) phone simply crashes and restarts. I have talked to Apple support and they gave me the same advice. I'm now worried its a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated!