What's new

Needing some help here Phone drops wifi connection

kossuth

Reaction score
First post and hopefully you guys can help me out here. I just purchased my NEW Iphone4S last week when my wife got her new phone. Long story short, I'm not entirely happy with it. Aside from the pains of learning a new device (I had a Droid Incredible prior to) it randomly disconnects from my wifi. What I mean by that is the wifi signal strength bar is still there and still moving showing increase and decrease in signal strength as I walk around the house, but I am unable to retreive emails or visit the app store etc etc. I am 100% positive it is not a router issue. Every other device on the wifi network works AOK and I've logged into the router to see if for some reason the Iphone is dropping it's DHCP lease or something weird. Restarting the phone or shutting off the wifi and reenabling it always clears up the issue. I have a few apps installed but not many. Any suggestions? I am in my 2 week grace with AT&T on the phone and if I can't clear the issue up I'm going to return it being this is an unsat condition. I purchased the phone to use as a tool, not to fiddle with it. I also checked my IOS version and it's 6.0.1. Thanks for your help guys.

First post and hopefully you guys can help me out here. I just purchased my NEW Iphone4S last week when my wife got her new phone. Long story short, I'm not entirely happy with it. Aside from the pains of learning a new device (I had a Droid Incredible prior to) it randomly disconnects from my wifi. What I mean by that is the wifi signal strength bar is still there and still moving showing increase and decrease in signal strength as I walk around the house, but I am unable to retreive emails or visit the app store etc etc. I am 100% positive it is not a router issue. Every other device on the wifi network works AOK and I've logged into the router to see if for some reason the Iphone is dropping it's DHCP lease or something weird. Restarting the phone or shutting off the wifi and reenabling it always clears up the issue. I have a few apps installed but not many. Any suggestions? I am in my 2 week grace with AT&T on the phone and if I can't clear the issue up I'm going to return it being this is an unsat condition. I purchased the phone to use as a tool, not to fiddle with it. I also checked my IOS version and it's 6.0.1. Thanks for your help guys.

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Try forgetting the network and reconnecting. Once you've entered the password for your connection, tap on the little arrow on the right to bring you to the advanced page, and double check that there's an IP assigned to your device. Hit Renew Lease to give it another go. If not, try resetting the network settings